Charged with witchcraft

This is why broom closets are a thing. One day, we’re going to need a @#&$$$ license to practice!

10 Likes

This really upsets me. I’m just so sick of people, period!

8 Likes

This is very irritating to see. Some people just can’t accept plant medicine can they? And divination is so benign…

Misconceptions and misinformation are so rampant :’)

7 Likes

It’s amazing to learn of these things happening even now across the world. It shows how different cultures view religious practices that differ from their norm.

6 Likes

Wait! What? This is disturbing and an outrage!

7 Likes

I’ve read that Saudi Arabia is the only place where it is punishable by death, but there are still countries where it is considered a crime.

Edit: that may not be accurate. Some other countries have executed witches, and several other countries have had vigilantes kill suspected witches. Know the laws and attitudes where you live.

6 Likes

Sheesh. I hope those ladies are okay. Such a shame. I wonder who snitched on them?

5 Likes

Very depressing to read.:cry:
This is why I get irritated when Christians in the US (and other predominantly Christian nations) claim that they’re being persecuted.
Do most of them have to hide that they’re Christian from their family and friends because they don’t know how they’ll react?
Have most of them had their employers tell them to not wear crosses or crucifixes for their own safety?
Do most of them have to worship in secret?

6 Likes

I read the article, and it turned out that the Chechnyan police or whomever was investigating, had actually been filming and watching the ladies for a couple weeks before they arrested them. Which is a scary thought :grimacing:

5 Likes

Very scary. I can’t help but wonder if they had an enemy who tipped off the police or something.

5 Likes

Here in Australia (Victoria) the Vagrancy Act was the last act in 2005 to be removed which persecuted Witchcraft:

I was amazed when I learned this had only been done so recently.

Tem

6 Likes