1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened

1 lb. block sharp orange Cheddar cheese, shredded

1 1/2 tsp. salt

1 to 2 tsp. ground red pepper

1/2 tsp. paprika

4 cups all-purpose flour

Directions:

Make dough:

Beat the first 5 ingredients at medium speed with a heavy-duty stand mixer until blended. Gradually add flour, beating just until combined.
Press out straws:

Use a cookie press with a star-shaped disk to shape the mixture into long ribbons, following the manufacturer’s instructions, on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Cut ribbons into 2-inch pieces.
Bake cheese straws:

Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.

For Cheese Wafers:

Combine ingredients as directed; chill dough for 2 hours. Shape dough into 4 (8-inch-long) logs; wrap each in plastic wrap, and chill for 8 hours. Cut each log into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container for 1 week.

Recipe courtesy of Southern Living.

9 Likes

Oh these definitely sound interesting & I do love :heart: me some cheese! :cheese: I’ll have to see if I have the things to make these up sometime soon :hugs: Thank you for sharing! :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

How did you know I’m going through a cheese craving phase? Ate what must have been half a block single-handedly last night :joy: :cheese:

These sound like a very tasty snack- thanks for sharing, @Amethyst! :heart:

4 Likes

You’re welcome, dear heart! I love cheese snacks and I’m wondering if these would have less salt.

Mmm, that sounds good. LOL! I just wanted to start in on the cheese and milk recipes that were different. Less than a month to Imbolc!

5 Likes

Who doesn’t love cheese :cheese: snacks! :yum::blush::heart:

6 Likes

Can’t believe Imbolc is coming up so soon! You’re right- it’s a great time to bring out the cheese, milk, and egg recipes for the occasion :egg: :milk_glass: :cheese: :grin:

Thanks again, Amethyst! :heart:

3 Likes

I know! Right? LOL!

You’re welcome, dear heart!

5 Likes