Cherry Coconut Dump Cake 🍒

I wish there was another term rather than dump cake. Still, this sounds like a yummy summer treat.

Cherry Coconut Dump Cake :cherries:

hands-on: 15 mins
total: 1 hr 35 mins
Yield: Serves 12 to 15

Ingredients:

For the base:

Butter or nonstick spray, for baking dish
8 cups frozen cherries (about 2½ lbs)
ÂĽ cup sugar
ÂĽ cup lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons flour
ÂĽ teaspoon kosher salt

For the cake mix:

2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1 ÂĽ cups all-purpose flour
â…” cup sugar
2 teaspoons lime zest, plus more for serving
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
ÂĽ teaspoon kosher salt
¾ cup (1½ sticks) cold unsalted butter

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.

Step 2

Make the base: Toss cherries, sugar, lime juice, cornstarch, flour, and salt in the baking dish.

Step 3

Make the cake mix: Combine coconut, flour, sugar, lime zest, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and sprinkle evenly over the base. Using the largest holes on a box grater, grate the butter evenly over the surface of the cake.

Step 4

Bake until cake is golden brown and set, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool 30 minutes before serving and top with additional lime zest.

Recipe courtesy of Real Simple.

Enjoy!

7 Likes

Great one! I could make this for 1 of our “Deck Days” here in the neighborhood. We basically spend the day with yummy snacks, treats & drinks on my neighbor’s back porch & just talk & hang out for the day. I love it.

4 Likes

Wow wow! You make me like my lips :yum: I really love coconut. I have booked mark this so I can try it at a later date. Yum…

2 Likes

That sounds like fun! Glad you liked the recipe.

I like the idea of lime and coconut with the cherry. Sounds yummy! I hope you like it when you make it.

4 Likes

That sounds like so much fun! Your neighborhood has so many awesome activities, Siofra :star_struck:

I second that! :raised_hand::laughing: First impressions are important- I think such a delicious cake deserves a tasty-sounding name too! :yum:

Thanks for sharing this one, Amethyst! :coconut: :cherries:

2 Likes

Ooh that’s neat!!! When I was younger, there were block parties. The entire block was blocked off by a marker and a cop car. We grilled, baked, ate and partied!! Of course there were like fifty different types of music playing :sweat_smile: it was fun!!!

3 Likes

Thanks love :heart::pray::pray: I’m also bookmarking this to make for my family.

3 Likes

We have paths in our backyards that go to neighbor’s houses or we use golf carts to get to each other’s shindigs. Lol it’s a good time in the spring/summer/fall here. In the winter everyone is more coordinated with where we go & how we get there. Minimize being cold I guess.

Saturday I was having a fire & wound up with 3 sets of neighbors hanging out in the backyard & we ate dinner at the fire. We had golf carts parked on the side of our house. It works out nice when someone is injured or having a hard time getting around. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

I hope your family likes it!

2 Likes