đź’Ž **Chrysocolla** đź’Ž

Mineral Family: Malachite, Azurite
Structure: Copper Silicate
Hardness: 2-4
Chakra: Throat, Heart, Root
Zodiac: Taurus :taurus:, Gemini :gemini:, Virgo :virgo:
Element: Water :sweat_drops:
Planet: Mercury
Color: Blue :blue_heart:, Green :green_heart:, Light Blue :candle::blue_heart:, Venusian Green :green_heart:

:gem: Chrysocolla was first mentioned in 315 BC by Theophastus, but was revived and reported again in 1808 by A.J.M. Brochant.

:gem: This mineral is named after the Greek word meaning “Gold Glue” due to its common use in soldering gold

:gem: The finest Chrysocolla comes from Chile, Congo, Russia and the US.

:gem: This stone is great for those who suffer from hyper and erratic behavior during stressful situations. Carrying a piece will reduce that panic and overwhelm.

:gem: It also helps in making difficult decisions. Chrysocolla is worn around the neck near the throat chakra for maximum benefits.

:gem: When it’s found with Quartz, it’s called Gem Silica and is extremely powerful. The quartz amplifies Chrysocolla’s energies and bring forth inner truth about yourself in a clear and understanding way.

:gem: Chrysocolla works well with other copper silicates such a Ajoite, Malachite and Azurite. Each stone acts as an enhancer, working off one another.

:gem: Phenacite along with Chrysocolla allows for deep inner visions to be to be communicated well and help understand their meaning.

Other Properties
Calming and patience, joy, balance, communication, meditation, truth, stress relief, inner vision, mastering fear, peace of mine, gentle self expression.

:warning: Chrysocolla in the natural form can be toxic.
Malachite and chrysocolla dust is quite toxic (45% to 70% CuO), and should not be breathed, ingested, or left on skin surfaces.
https://www.rockngem.com/dangerous-dust/⚠️

12 Likes

:star_struck: I have a pretty good piece of this on my altar! My eyes go right to it when I am over by there. Thank you for the information.

6 Likes

Oh! This stone would be very helpful for me! I have one, but it just kind of sits in my gem dish looking pretty :sweat_smile: but now that I know this, I think I’ll cleanse it, charge it, and use it as a talisman! Thank you for this! :two_hearts::sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing :purple_heart::blush:

I bought myself a tumble of Chrysocolla a few weeks ago while I was at my favourite crystal shop. Anywho. I didn’t know why I needed it but I just decided to buy it anyway. As you do. You don’t say no to crystals.

I get home and I look up my new friend in “The Crystal Directory: 100 Crystals for Positive Manifestation” by Sarah Bartlett…

Boom. What’s the first thing that I read about my new little buddy…

“If you need a stone to help you get over a break-up, or help you to forgive yourself and others, this is the stone for you. Not only does it “glue” back together your own broken feelings, making you feel whole again, but enhances any new emotional bonds”.

Me thinks that me needed my new little friend. Maybe he needs some brothers and sisters.

8 Likes

You’re welcome. Aren’t they so pretty!!

4 Likes

So very mine has swirls of blue green & a turquoise color. Tomorrow I’ll share picture.

4 Likes

Tumbled Chrysocolla makes me think of the ocean when I look at it! It always reminds me of a shoreline :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s a great choice for a talisman! It does look like the shore line!!

@jessica72 you have a lovely piece!!

5 Likes

Thank you :blush: I just was mind boggled when I got home and read that. It is true they call out to for a reason when they know that you need them.

4 Likes

I had a serpentine crystal fall randomly 2 days in a row. So I have been using it. The first property I thought of was calming/soothing and I had bad anxiety and depression. It’s been by my bedside. They know! They do have energy!

5 Likes

They really do. They know exactly what we need when we need it.

I swear I’m trying to hit the connection with my ex with everything that I can. I’ve got Kunzite, Blue Calcite, Green Aventurine, Chrysocolla, Amazonite, Black Tourmaline and Clear Quartz.

But I am very grateful to my little Chrysocolla friend. I really needed him. And he’s very pretty haha.

6 Likes

They’re a beautiful stone and one of the first ones that I was drawn to.

5 Likes

so so so pretty

6 Likes

How did you know I had a little note that said brush up on this knowledge and chrsycolla was on it… thanks a bunch

Also on my list…
Eye of Ofin
Amber

I kid I kid… not about my list but I will get the info happy Thursday

Chris

6 Likes

I can do them soon for you!!

3 Likes