Citrine or carnelian crystal?

Hi just wondering does anyone know which type of crystal this is? I have a crystal handbook and from what I read and from comparing to my other crystals, it doesn’t seem to be citrine crystal as it’s not transparent (but I could be wrong). Up close its a honeycomb/ caramel colour. @christina4 i thought u may know since it’s your area of expertise. Hope the pic is ok. All opinions welcome…

11 Likes

I could be wrong & I am very early in my classes, but this is more like Aragonite or Apophyllite (sp?). If @christina4 isn’t available, maybe @Missa, or @janis may also know. My guess is something along those lines.

Citrine is usually more transparent & a pale yellow. The white clusters with orange stones are heat-treated quartz.

Carnelian has more of a red-orange color to it. Butterscotch? It reminds me of a chunk of butterscotch. :joy:

10 Likes

I just did a quick search of the image on Google Lens and it’s pulling up images similar to orange calcite or a yellow/orange aragonite.

Where did you get it? It looks really cool :partying_face:

11 Likes

@MeganB that’s what I did & got the Aragonite & the other a-word crystal :joy:

I like it, I think it’s an amazing piece that makes me remember eating the butterscotch candies at my grandmother’s when I was little. Oh we loved going to her house for those & the strawberry ones & pudding cups & parfaits… anyway, if you got it locally, you can go to the shop & ask what the stone is or bring it to a shop for them to look at if we can’t figure it out for you. :hugs:

7 Likes

@Susurrus what are these classes you speak of? I’d love to educate myself more on minerals and crystals.

7 Likes

@WisconsinWitch they have online classes through:

Hibiscus Moon

Love & Light School

I will be doing my classes through the Love & Light School with Ashley Leavy

They are to be an Accredited Crystal Healer & Advanced Practitioner. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

My first thought was honey calcite.

8 Likes

I have taken courses at Hibiscus Moon. She just announced that she’s closing her doors at the end of this year after 12 years in business! I’m a little bummed about it, but proud of her for listening to her heart and staying true to herself. People can still join, I think, as long as they finish the program by the end of the year.

7 Likes

Oh wow, I didn’t know this was the last year! Good for her doing what is right for herself. I’m happy for her! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

I think it could definitely be a calcite or an aragonite for sure. It’s definitely pretty :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Oh wow I just said that and then I read through the posts because I was curious.

7 Likes

Also, Krista Mitchell is a very good teacher as well! She was actually my second choice if I missed the deadline for Love and Light. But Ashley was very understanding.

6 Likes

She’s a busy body. She hasn’t even really been sending emails or blogging. I’m definitely going to miss her! I love her thought process and how she backs everything up with scientific proof!

6 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch

I would say it is a Honey Calcite cluster! It’s not Aragonite because that has a completely different shape and color to it.

Calcite can come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors. Some colors include Clear, Yellow, Orange, White, Green, and many more…

Calcite

Aragonite

6 Likes

So what you’re really saying is… it’s not butterscotch. :frowning_face: :rofl:

7 Likes

@christina4, yes, I have loved learning the science behind everything! :heart: :grinning:

6 Likes

I was actually thinking about this crystal and I had to come back to say I was definitely on the calcite side!! Thanks for cleaning that up!! Having the pics there clears stuff up.
Aragonite has like these arms that can grow in every direction.

6 Likes

Yes it does doesn’t it. You are making me hungry… :weary: :wink:

3 Likes

Hiya sorry for the late reply, well this lady who loved an hour away was selling a whole bundle of crystals including 2 crystal crowns both purple and pink dyed quartz, a labradorite sphere which i absolutely love, a rainbow dreamcatcher, 2 large amethyst crystal pendants, another one with crsytals i am not sure of but looks like it maybe middle eastern (my husband now owns this piece, a few other smaller crystal pieces, 4 charka book marks each with different crystals which are shaped as the tree of life and this lovely crystal i now feel like its a calcite one. I was extremely lucky as she was very kind and wanted to sell most of her remaining items. It was off an Australian website called Gumtree which is where people buy and sell their items. I assume its the equivalent to the American version of something i heard called Craig’s list??? Anyways had heaps of good experiences so far and got many brand new items for cheap as chips prices…

7 Likes

Yes i think so too. Thanks for the comparisons… :blush:

5 Likes