Cleansing a Mirror

I have read that mirrors can retain the negative energy just like other objects. Which creates a problem when you’re not the first owner of your house and the mirrors are stuck to the wall. Is there a preferred method for cleansing large, full length mirrors or ones stuck to the wall?

6 Likes

I would think a smudging with white sage smoke would work just wave the smoke towards the mirror with the feather. But you could also maybe try cleaning the mirrors with thieves vinegar or witch hazel and moon water mixed half and half.
I haven’t tried these methods they are just ideas that hit the tip of my head.

7 Likes

@anon87969570 hi to cleanse and purify my mirrors I use some sea salt and water. I ask for the salt water to bless and purify my mirrors while I wipe them down. When finished I give a good scrub with white vinegar and wadded up news paper to bring out the shine. Hope this helps

7 Likes

Cool! Thank you!

5 Likes

Your welcome :blush:

5 Likes

Thanks! I have at least 7!

6 Likes

Wow that’s a lot lol. Your arm may wear out before your done. :joy:

7 Likes

You’re welcome. I hope you’ll update us on the method you use and if it seems to be a success because I have tons of mirrors and didn’t know they retain energy as well so a cleanse may be needed on mine too

7 Likes

Yes it might!

5 Likes

Yes I will update you!

5 Likes

If that doesn’t do the trick let me know. I can dig in my book for something stronger.

7 Likes

Use salt water and smoke cleanse afterwards. Keep any protection amulets nearby.

7 Likes

Thanks! Hope Im not being a nuisance, asking all these questions!

5 Likes

You’re definitely not being a nuisance @anon87969570 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My preferred method of cleansing mirrors is with charged salt water. Then for extra protection and to keep them cleansed, I also cast wards and protections on them. In my house, this doesn’t have to happen very often, but any new mirror I get goes through this process.

6 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been busy with a nuisance of my own - work! I plan to cleanse my mirrors tomorrow.

5 Likes

So I ended up using sea salt and water, but then used white sage smudge to cleanse the rooms anyway so I made sure the mirrors got the full treatment.

5 Likes

Fyi, I later set a Dragon’s Blood incense stick under a full length mirror and let it burn completely, followed by white sage. I tipped the mirror (it is on a stand with a hinge) so that the smoke from the incense could reach the whole mirror, and saged it corner to corner and around the frame. Then I left it covered with a sheet for a week.

This was on advice from a friend who felt negative energy coming from it. It seems to have done the trick.

3 Likes