Closed Topics

Mods are there any way to clear off closed topics from my forum dashboard without going through all two hundred and something of them?

6 Likes

Hi @Amethyst :blush:

Yes, there is! The forum is going through a bit of a clean-up and some of the mods (shout out to the amazing @MeganB and @Susurrus! :clap:) have been hard at work closing old threads- but I know that can cause a bit of a backlog on your main dashboard. Apologies!

There is a very easy and fast way to remove them. Follow these steps:

1. On the forum home page, click on “Unread”.

2. Look for the little gray box titled “Dismiss” and click on it.

3. A pop up window will appear. You can either just dismiss the posts this time, or (if you check the little box) you can stop tracking these topics- they will never appear as unread for you again.

I hope that helps! If you’re still unable to dismiss the posts or are having any trouble, please comment again and we’ll investigate :mag: :grinning:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thanks for this! I’m sure I’m not the only one to look at the notifications and have a minor heart attack! LOL!

6 Likes

Sorry! That was my bad lol

5 Likes

No worries, you were just doing your job. It was just a bit of a shock. LOL!

5 Likes

(Bumping this resource post up in the forum- if you are having trouble with clearing Unread posts, please feel free to reach out to the Moderator Team. We’re here to help! :infinite_roots: :heart:)

3 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria, I know I was working over the weekend with closing, moving, & opening topics. I don’t know why this didn’t pop into my head to bump…

Sorry everyone for the mass notifications if you got them, it was completely unintentional. :revolving_hearts:

:infinite_roots:

3 Likes

Just wanted to bump this because I’ve gone and closed a few old topics and added tags to some. Things have been bumped to the top!

Check out how to dismiss notifications → Closed Topics - #2 by TheTravelWitch_Bry

3 Likes

Bumping since topics are getting closed out again!

4 Likes

Bumping again because some more topics had been closed :blush:

2 Likes