Cognitive Coping Skills

Cognitive Coping -any strategy in which a person uses mental activity to manage a stressful event or situation.

*Examples include but are not limited to:
•Make a gratitude list
•Brainstorm solutions
•Lower your expectations of the situation
•Keep an inspirational quote with you
•Be flexible
•Write a list of goals
•Take a class
•Act opposite of negative feelings
•Write a list of pros and cons for decisions
•Reward or pamper yourself when successful
•Write a list of strengths
•Accept a challenge with a positive attitude

There are nearly infinite ways to cope, and we all use the methods that suit our unique personalities and needs. An activity that causes stress in one individual might help another person cope.

It doesn’t matter whether you cope like everyone else. The important thing is that you find effective coping methods that will help you to thrive and build resilience.

6 Likes

Great information! Thank you so much for sharing.

3 Likes

Here’s a [Link] for worksheets to practice with cognitive coping skills
(https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:544ec2c1-97f9-43ed-81a5-a4dc409a4cc6)

3 Likes

Of course :blush: you’re very welcome!

2 Likes

I love these resources! They help so much in adding the “Positive” to Positive Witchcraft. :smile: :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you so much, this came at the perfect time. We are working on my cognitive brain functions and my coping skills with certain things. I have the most trouble with making lists of strengths and things I’m good at, I will have to work on it. I love that there’s a worksheet too! Definitely downloading that.

3 Likes

I’m glad that you benefit from it!

2 Likes

I always live your posts and lately they have been spot on for me.

1 Like

Yes! If anything while in my position, I try my hardest to stay positive! In every aspect of my life. And I thank you for putting together all these wonderfully beautiful souls so that I get great advice and guidance on my path!, :pray:t3::sparkling_heart::dizzy:

3 Likes