Continuing my journey

This post is a continuation of Kathryn’s lovely introduction: Merry Meet from Michigan

I was raised in New Orleans, Louisiana and found it full of wonderful things. I was drawn to the French Quarter (Old City) and felt the energy and sadness of those who once were there. New Orleans has many cemeteries, some very old, and I enjoyed just walking through them. I have seen images at night of people walking through the house and could identify them as my mother and her mother. I have a deep respect for spirits, and those from the past and hope to work my way to try to contact family on the other side. My interest in Wicca began in my early teens, but it didn’t go far, luckily. I was looking to have someone suffer great pain and agony. I would have crossed to the dark side for that but didn’t follow through. Now, I’m glad I didn’t. I have received many kind, welcoming, and encouraging words from some of you and I’m glad I joined. Blessed Be.

12 Likes

@kathryn24 welcome. Congrats on continuing your journey. U will love it here

6 Likes

Hi @kathryn24! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’ve always wanted to go to New Orleans. NOT during Mardi Gras but some other time when it wasn’t so touristy. It sounds as if you’re quite talented. I’m glad you didn’t go down a bad path.

Have you found the Courses here yet? They’re a great way to get started learning.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to chatting with you more!

4 Likes

I absolutely LOOOVVVEEE New Orleans… actually have been dating someone from there this past year and been many times before and during :wink:

4 Likes

Hi @kathryn24!! Welcome!!! Merry meet! I am so glad you decided to join us; everyone here is so welcoming! If you have any questions, feel free to ask them! Everyone here is helpful!! :smile: Welcome again! Blessed be! :heart:

4 Likes

Wow, New Orleans sounds so amazing and so magical…

Welcome to the coven, @kathryn24! I hope you find here all that you’re looking for!

5 Likes

Welcome Kathryn24.

I went to a Jazz Festival in New Orleans and the min., or I should say the very second, I got out of the car, I could feel so many emotions. I believe one of my past lives may have been in New Orleans. My sister and I fly in together and my dad picked us up at the airport. The whole time I was there I was looking for rental property, I DID NOT want to leave and felt as though I HAD to stay there. Unfortunately, I got back on the plane and left to go back home in Upstate, NY.

Next time I go…I WILL be staying. This is my family now and I could not be any happier.
Medea

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.