2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, or more if needed

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 egg

½ teaspoon salt

½ cup butter melted

½ teaspoon garlic salt

¼ cup Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Dissolve 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and yeast in 1/2 cup warm water in a bowl. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.

Beat flour, oil, egg, salt, remaining sugar, and remaining warm water into yeast mixture until smooth, adding more flour if needed to form a soft dough. Turn dough onto a floured work surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes.

Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to cover completely with oil. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and place it in a warm area until the dough is doubled in size, about 40 minutes.

Grease a baking sheet.

Punch the dough down and turn it onto a floured work surface. Divide dough into 18 pieces and shape each into a 6-inch rope. Arrange dough pieces on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart; cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, about 25 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Remove the cover from the dough.

Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.

Whisk butter and garlic salt together in a bowl; brush over each breadstick. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each.

Notes:

I personally turn the oven on warm and put the bowl on the oven to let rise.

Nutritional Facts:

143 Calories
8g Fat
15g Carbs
3g Protein

Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com.

9 Likes

Oh yes! I can eat these til I’m sick! I’ll be finding a time to whip these up for sure!

7 Likes

Ooohhh… I love :heart: me some Olive :olive: Garden Bread Sticks!!! :heart_eyes: I have their Copycat Alfredo recipe. These would go perfectly when we have that for dinner :star_struck:

4 Likes

I hope they taste as good as advertised!

I hope you like them! That does sound yummy together!

5 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this one ever since you mentioned it, @Amethyst- hooray for the glorious garlic sticks of joy! :baguette_bread: :raised_hands: :laughing: :garlic:

These guys are dangerous little things- I’ll have to save this recipe for when company is coming over. Otherwise I very well might end up snarfing them all on my own! :joy:

Thank you for the great recipe! I’m storing up on bread recipes- Bread Sabbat is right around the corner now :wink: :bread: :heart:

5 Likes

Glad you liked it, Bry! I’ve got some gluten-free bread offerings too!

3 Likes

I think Olive Garden should use this as their new tag line! I know many people who feel this way!

4 Likes

I loved it! :raised_hands: :heart: :grinning: :baguette_bread: Thanks again!

Hahaha they’re welcome to it- all I’d ask for in return is free breadsticks :baguette_bread: :garlic: :joy: (we could serve them at Coven meetups :laughing: )

4 Likes