Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins

Just imagine these slightly warm from the oven with cream cheese on them. GAH! :drooling_face:

Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins

prep: 20 mins
cook: 20 mins
total: 40 mins
Servings: 12
Yield: 12 servings

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
2 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup butter, melted
¼ cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup dried, sweetened cranberries

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease or place paper muffin cups in a 12 cup muffin tin.

Step 2

Mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg together in a mixing bowl.

Step 3

Beat the canned pumpkin, eggs, butter, buttermilk, and vanilla together in another large mixing bowl. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until well blended. Stir in the dried cranberries until evenly blended. Spoon batter into muffin tins about 3/4 full.

Step 4

Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. 3 minutes before turning out from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Nutrition:

Per Serving:
253 calories; protein 3.7g; carbohydrates 40.2g; fat 8.8g; cholesterol 51.5mg; sodium 329.5mg.

Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com.

5 Likes

These sound Delicious!!! I’ve been on a cranberry kick lately…lol.

4 Likes

Whoops now I’m drooling too :drooling_face: :heart: There’s something irristable about muffins fresh out of the oven- although I wouldn’t mind trading the cream cheese for some sugar icing! :yum:

Pumpkin and cranberry are perfect for the season, and I see all my favorite warming autumn spices in there too! Cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, ohhhh yum yum. Loving this one- thanks, @Amethyst! :heart:

4 Likes

Mmm just in time for the holidays!! Thank you :gift_heart:

4 Likes

I hope if you do make them that you’ll like them. It sounds lovely!

Eh, I try to keep the sugar icing to a minimum. Because if I have some I will eat it all! LOL. Glad you liked the recipe!

You’re welcome sweetie!

4 Likes

These are perfect for the time of year! I have some cranberries saved & dried for use in my practice. I also plan on getting fresh ones to work with so my daughter & I can make garlands & ornaments. I am going to use some of them to make these! My family likes pumpkin stuff & adding cranberry will be awesome! Thank you so much!

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I think it would be good with dried cherries or blueberries too. Yummy!

2 Likes