5 eggs, divided
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
1/2 + 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a metal 9- x 13-inch baking pan and set aside.

Step 2

In a medium saucepan, melt butter until bubbling but not brown. Turn off the heat, add chocolate chips, and stir to coat. Let sit for 5 minutes. Stir again until the chocolate is completely melted and combined with the butter. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add, brown sugar, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 4 eggs, and 2 tsp. vanilla. Whisk until well combined. Add 1/2 tsp. salt, cocoa powder, and flour and stir together until well combined. Pour into prepared baking pan.

Step 3

With a mixer, beat together cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 1/8 tsp. salt, and 1 egg until well combined, about 3 minutes. Spread over top of brownie batter and using a knife, draw swirls across the surface of the cream cheese by running the tip of the knife about 1/2 inch deep into the brownie batter as you move it around. Bake until set, about 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting.

Recipe courtesy of Southern Living.

9 Likes

That looks delicious!

4 Likes

@Amethyst
I watched the video at Southern Living and it looks amazing. I have all the ingredients, well except sugar and flour! I have to make substitutes, stevia, and gluten-free flour. I might try it though, sounds interesting.
:heart:

4 Likes

I’ve had these. They are amazing!

4 Likes

Brownies!!! :heart_eyes: Welp, now I’ve got a craving :laughing:

Thanks for another fun recipe, @Amethyst! :yum::two_hearts:

4 Likes

Right up my daughter’s alley in the realm of things she likes to make for goodies! I’ll have to see if she would like to make these sometime soon! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Thanks, @Ostara! It does, doesn’t it?

I hope the substitutes work out well, I bet it would still taste good!

Good to know! I know they sounded ooey gooey and delish!

That’s for getting that song in my head! LOL! You’re welcome my dear!

I hope she likes it!

4 Likes

@Amethyst
Thanks xx would actually try it out🥧
I will soon give a Nigeria recipe🤗

5 Likes

I’d love to see some Nigerian recipes!

5 Likes

Oh yes! I would love to try something!!

6 Likes