Creating a circle question

Do I have to cast a circle before doing spell work ? Is it important

5 Likes

The importance of casting a circle steams on the witch in all reality but for the most
Think of casting the circle like this.

Say that you live in a dangerous area. Your home has an alarm system that keeps unwanted people from entering your home and doing you harm, thus protecting you. Would you go to bed with this alarm not on?

The same goes for the Circle. The role of the circle is to protect you and the space around you from negative and unwanted energies, spirits, and anything else that could do you harm in a metaphysical manner. Think of it like a safe place or a safe room in a magical and spiritual way. The casting of the circle does not need to be elaborate there are many rather quick and more simplistic ways to cast them if you are not into more ritualistic magic or you are casting a spell quickly from away from home.

For me casting and closing of a circle is extremely important for a number of reasons. As a more ritualistic witch, the casting of the circle helps to ground me before I begin my meditation. It allows me to call upon my goddesses and the elements to bless what it is I am about to do, as well as to protect the energies I’m sending forth. The blessed circle is for me like a consecrated area blessed and protected. This also protects and guides my spellwork and ritual work as well as any energies I send forth allowing them to flow unhindered by the negative and polluted energies caused by society today.

10 Likes

I usually cast a circle before spellwork and meditation, but not always when I am doing rituals and deity work.

6 Likes

I feel like I just messed up , I cleaned my work area with Palo santo and did a honey jar spell but did not cast a cirlcle , is there anything I should do being that I did not cast a circle

6 Likes

Being that I did not cast a circle I am seeing a strong flame is this a good sign or should I still feel I did something wrong :expressionless:

7 Likes

I hardly ever cast a circle :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

Whew thank u I was going crazy :weary:

6 Likes

I cant remember the last time I cast a circle :thinking:

When I first started working with the Morrigan I cast a circle with my Athame made of Selenite. Other than that I don’t & have had successful results with my workings.

6 Likes

OMG! Charlaine? If I haven’t already told you I love your answers then I’m sorry.
My wisdom gene sometimes floats out the window, and I read your replies thinking, "Why didn’t I say that? What a great addition she is to our group.
Blessed be and keep flying free.
Garnet

6 Likes

It’s my pleasure. My ears in the military have taught me to try to teach in a manner that someone will understand.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.