2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup celery diced small
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup cornstarch

Directions:

Cut the broccoli into small bite-size pieces and place the broccoli, butter, onion, celery, and minced garlic in the crock pot.

Mix the chicken broth with the cornstarch and stir this mixture into the crock pot.

Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.

After this cooking time, stir in the cream and the shredded cheese. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted.

Stir thoroughly right before serving and enjoy!

Nutrition:

Calories: 530kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 1498mg | Potassium: 450mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1838IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 615mg | Iron: 1mg

Recipe courtesy of Eating On A Dime.

10 Likes

I am such a fan of anything to do with using my crockpot :laughing: It’s been a bit since I was able to, so may have to give this one a go! :revolving_hearts: Thank you for sharing!

6 Likes

You’re welcome! I doubled the recipe and now have a bunch of leftovers in the freezer! So very good!

5 Likes

Ooohhh… definitely keeping this one for a weekend or Sunday dinner then! :smiling_face:

6 Likes

It was lovely. I ate it with garlic breadsticks. Yum!

4 Likes

You’re killing me smalls… Now I am like… so this week on the menu is… this… :rofl:

6 Likes

It’s been a while since I pulled out the crockpot! I think the last thing I made with it was either beef stew or pulled pork, but it really was quite a while ago :thinking: :shallow_pan_of_food:

This recipe sounds deeeeeelicious! With Imbolc right around the corner, it’s a great time for any cheesey/dairy recipes. Thank you so much, @Amethyst! :heart::broccoli: :cheese: :yum:

5 Likes

I don’t eat meat, so I’m assuming vegetable stock should be fine. Thoughts, @Amethyst?

6 Likes

I don’t eat meat either so I would assume vegetable broth would be just fine :blush:

5 Likes

LOL! Just trying to temp your palet!

You’re welcome! I’m glad you liked the recipe! I figured it would make for a great Imbolc recipe.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t. I didn’t taste chicken in the finished product at all so I would think the veggie stock would be wonderful!

5 Likes

@BrightBear I think I’m going to use vegetable, I think it will enhance the flavors of it better than chicken.

6 Likes

Yay! Thanks! :hugs:

Thanks, @Amethyst! :hugs:

Let me know how it turns out!! :hugs:

5 Likes

I will absolutely let everyone know! :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes