DIY Magical Yule Charm

Nice @Rowan. I don’t do the wood burning but will be adding some painted Celtic knot work to mine and adding the triquetra that I crocheted to each of them.

5 Likes

Well I finally got all my supplies…do you know how hard it is to get fake holly anywhere in Wyoming!!! I just about died from all the shopping and driving. Finally got it from Amazon. Not exactly what I wanted but close enough to work well. Since I don’t do wood burning, I painted my knotwork on the handle and the Triquetra on the back of the spoon. Just need to charm them.

Happy Yule!

This one is for selling as a car charm.

I will be making bigger ones to sell later in the year. I am going to finish 5 more of the spoons and then call it for the rest of the year.

11 Likes

Very nice! I love that painting on the handle. Too good!

6 Likes

I had the same issue living in Arizona… Mistletoe sold by scout troops EVERYWHERE, but no Holly. Now I have holly growing at the side of the house… no mistletoe… LOL

6 Likes

@berta I wanted mistletoe for these but couldn’t find any either. I finally gave up and used raffia. I think they turned out good for a first try and then using my watercolor paint brush pens.

6 Likes

@Magdelina If my holly bushes grow a bit perhaps I’ll have enough to share. I think my female holly may have died… well we had to have a new air conditioner this year and Dad and I purchased a whole house generator too. Of course the holly was sacrificed to give it space, but I have room to replant a holly - it’s on my to do list for spring.
I found the attached article interesting. May explain the ranges of mistletoe. The author does say the northern states have smaller mistletoe species so I will just have to sharpen my eyes for them.

Mistletoe and Butterfly connection

7 Likes

Gorgeous charms, @Magdelina! they both came out amazing :heart_eyes:

That’s an interesting article, @Berta- thanks for sharing! :grin: Gotta love butterflies- and I guess they like mistletoe too! :butterfly: I hadn’t known there were different kinds of mistletoe until I bought some this weekend. I sent a picture to my mother (a gardener) who warned me about how poisonous European mistletoe is :scream:

It’s like American sweet chestnuts (edible and delicious) compared to European horse chestnuts (highly poisonous). Since moving to Europe I’ve realized I need to be super careful about the plants. Even things that seem familiar or that I knew about back home in the USA are a whole different beast over here! :face_with_monocle: :herb:

4 Likes

I’m very brand new to all of this, but I finally made my yule charm!

7 Likes

It looks great Tabitha! :clap: Wonderful job :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Gorgeous! So pretty and festive!!

5 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

4 Likes

You’re very welcome Tabitha :heart:

3 Likes

Lovely @Tabitha138! I like it. And welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Welcome, @Tabitha138 :blush: Your Yule charm is a beauty- it turned out amazing! :clap: :sparkles:

2 Likes

Welcome @Tabitha138, you did a fantastic job! It looks wonderful! Very impressive! I look forward to chatting with you more throughout the forum! :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

You’re very welcome, Tabitha! Blessed be :heart:

3 Likes