Do Angels have a place in Wiccan Religion?

There are angels associated with the four directions.
Michael - South - Strength and Protection
Raphael - East - Love and Joy
Gabriel - West - Mercy and Peace
Uriel - North - Vision and Wisdom

or I might use them in combination with the Witch’s Pyramid.
East - Air - Knowledge - Raphael Love and Joy
South - Fire - Will - Michael’s Passion and protection
West - Water - Dare - Gabriel Mercy and peace
North - Earth - Silence - Uriel Vision and Wisdom
Posted by: @berta

In Demonolatry, an elemental circle is invoked with the Demons Belial for North/Earth, Lucifer for East/Air, Flereous for South/Fire, and Leviathan for West/Water. Satan can also be invited as the fifth element, or the wellspring from which all energy flows. Note that some occult schools of thought call the fifth element spirit.

Not posting this awesome similarities for a debate, but to show the beauty of our practice as a whole. That there’s more than one mechanism to achieve on what we’re seeking to fulfill our life as magicians.
:eight_pointed_black_star:

10 Likes

That’s perfect :black_heart: Thanks for sharing!

9 Likes

Everyone shared some great information to your question, so I will just share a photo of a little something I made today while celebrating the season with the family. Still needs paint.

13 Likes

@Cinnamonoob Oh, I love this! My daughter and I collect shells & we like to do crafts! I will show this to her and maybe we can make our own variations with intentions. You did a wonderful job! Beautiful.

10 Likes

@Cinnamonoob, that looks amazing! I’m sure gonna look wonderful when it’s painted! Thanks for sharing.

8 Likes

I have to admit this topic has been difficult for me. It’s forced me into some soul searching as I investigate all the wonderful resources shared in this thread. Thank you :pray:, @walter, for the question.

I like @Francisco’s answer because I have certain biases when it comes to “Christian” topics. On my personal journey from conservative Christianity to liberal Christianity, I gave up my beliefs in the devil :smiling_imp:, angels, demons, heaven, hell, etc.

When I initially embraced Wicca, I didn’t worship my Goddess. I didn’t “worship” anything. Wicca, to me, was about connecting to the energy, the magic, within all things. It was about the :earth_americas: :earth_africa: :earth_asia:earth and what was either explainable or someday will be explainable.

Now I worship The Triple Goddess :waxing_crescent_moon: :full_moon: :waning_crescent_moon: and I am open to other expressions of faith and other practices concerning other worldly beings. I have my own path I need to follow but I love the diversity of thought within this coven.

Clearly, evidenced by all the amazing :star_struck: responses, angels have a place in Wicca, if you believe they have a place in Wicca. They might not have a place for me, due to the above mentioned biases, but that shouldn’t hold you back from you following your own path. And if you merge angels :angel: with your beliefs, then that is where you were led and you shouldn’t fear what others may say or what your Gods and Goddess will do. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

@praecog29thank you for the great response. I’m glad you liked the topic. I too had a tough time trying to figure out where my faith and beliefs stand. Like you, I also started with Wicca to embrace the energy it has to offer, which I’ve learned it’s quite powerful and beautiful. For me, I think Angels are like beings from another world I Suppose. Still learning and finding my sea legs. But, I’ve come a long way since I started with Spells8. I get more confident in the craft, as every day passes. I’m glad to have this forum and group , as I’m not out as a Wiccan. Not afraid for what my friends, family may say- it’s just that is something personal for me and no one’s business as to what my religious beliefs are.

10 Likes

@praecog29 I am so glad for your input. I have experienced some REALLY damaging relationships with ‘traditional religions’. When I was in College and exploring different beliefs, philosophy, and religions (and yes, I separate those subjects) I often found truth in an area that was absolutely shunned by my Christian friends. When I challenged them and ask “if it is truth what does it matter who said it? Doesn’t that just prove God in everything?” they would gasp and walk away rapidly like I had just said something unforgivable. But instead of giving up and riding the tide of blissful ignorance it made me dig deeper, question more, and really listen.
I am so glad you found some deep roots for yourself that anchor you in your beliefs. It is what we are all striving to obtain.
I have had four profoundly significant experiences in my life that made me FEEL the TANGIBLE presence of something greater than myself. A comfort, clarity, an overwhelming warmth of safety and protection that I couldn’t own or imagine as coming from my own mind. It is those moments I use as anchors for my own proof or evidence that I choose to trust in. All three events were a potential life crisis and all four times the messages were of great peace and comfort. I choose to label them angelic, and you may have chosen a different label, but like I said… “If it is the truth what does it matter who said it.”
THANK YOU for your openness, and I am always so happy to read your responses. I respect your path. To my view it is better to have something to believe in…I think it is the height of arrogance to think that there is nothing greater than ourselves, not to mention -sad- to be missing out on the joy of all that is miraculous in the mundane.
:heart: :two_hearts: :heart:

10 Likes

@berta, great response. I completely agree with you. I also have had experiences that made me question many things. And like you stated, there is definitely something greater than ourselves. That I can be sure of.

8 Likes

Thanks for all the awesome information. :slight_smile: I come from a Christian background so this all means a lot to someone like me. That being said, I did expect there to be such acceptance, because, well, Wicca is just nice like that. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Walter,
Hey appreciate you sharing, I personally was not sure to evoke the arch angels, because they were linked to the Christianity however when I was a child I collected some statues. I had over fifty or so! to me they will always have a space in my heart! I hold dear to me what beliefs, I originally had because at that time; I had a pure spirit! John Dee was one of the greatest magicians and he worked with angels! And let’s not forget the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn! I heard even Silver Ravenwolf to believed in them. She swears by theme and even Damion Echols! He said that they basically show up all over the place in pre-history and key paintings and Buddhist lineages!
I guess pushing yourself will be good for you Walter! Keep it up!!
Doreen virtue has many books on the subject, she also has many oracles that I use when I need to hear a positive message! Arch angels are like spirit guides! Some books Doreen virtue has on numbers and how they can coordinate with your day! If you see a number you can look the number up in the book! Every number means something 222 your on the write path! 444 legions of angels You can get a app with Alana Fairchild it’s called the “111 Oracle”! Have you seen any angel numbers today? I can look it up for you!
When I saw the tarot deck I saw angels and wanted to ask more questions then. The Temprace card the message you can have a foot in the spirit and one in the physical! Do balance the scale in your life! There’s so many messages!
The world :earth_americas: card has a angel and “in every corner protecting you”!
They just had a podcast tarot bytes the tarot with Andrew barke ! on how the raider wait tarot deck is filled with angels!

I have a extra book if you want it I can send it to you! Just send me the address on a message! I ordered a book and got a extra somehow! It’s called Angel Therapy bye Doreen Virtue. Let me know it’s got lots of good information!
Jeannie

11 Likes

@Jeannie1, thank you for all the valuable information. I’m always seeing number combinations. Which I look up…I’ve been getting many coincidences that involve Angels lately. Dreaming about them as well.

Jeannie, that be great if u have the Xtra book, I’ll gladly pay for it .(Thank you so much! That’s very sweet of you.) It’s been awhile since I’ve read an actual book. All my books are digital lately. Just easier to have, than paperback books. Mostly because lack of space.

Thank you,
Blessed be.

5 Likes

Walter,
You don’t have to pay for it, I would like to give you this book it’s just collecting dust in my garage! Please I hope you do well on your journey in life. I only hope that maybe you will use the book and it will be good use for you!

I just wanted you to know that I seen 1000 on my walk with the dog!
It means
(1)Stay positive. Everything you’re thinking about right now is coming true so be sure that you’re only thinking about what you desire. Give any fears to God and to the angels
(2) 0 God is talking to you. When you say zero it’s a sign of the endless cycle of omega without beginning or end. God is trying to get your attention with a word of reassurance for divine guidance.
I only was looking because we were talking earlier about it then know there is a divine intervention!
Thanks
Jeannie

8 Likes

Thank you Jeannie, i messaged my address! You’re too kind!:blue_heart:

5 Likes

Ur welcome :wink: let me know how you like Doreen Virtue she is all about Angels!
I have three book shelf’s of books! I think I can share my treasures with others! My friend always enjoyed sharing with me too, so I just pay it forward through other blessings! Today was your day!
Blessed be

6 Likes

@Jeannie1, thank you so much!! I will most definitely let you know!

Blessed be.

5 Likes

Attention, the following message is given without bias or to insult anyone. If you are bothered, please know it was never my intent to do so.

Wade, I think Angels are for everyone, regardless of sex, color, or religion. You have free will & as such you have chosen Wicca. Now, the beautiful thing about Wicca, Paganism, etc. Is that you have left one “house” (Built of strong stone walls and strictly regimented, possibly the word I search for is, a form of enslavement enforced by fear.) You have ‘chosen’ a belief system without the constraint of walls & fear.

Now that I have made a few statements not meant to insult anyone.

I have a beautiful statue of Michael the Victorious, an archangel, who is also my guardian angel. He will repel any negativity towards my altar. There is no downside in this. I think, like magic itself, Angels or some such entity, have always been with us.
Through Devine intervention, for a Purpose? Maybe, possibly, probably …yes. Now that I have made such a firm statement, Ha, ha.
What I do believe is that “They” are and they are positive. Blessed be to you and yours.

11 Likes

Absolutely loved your post @Garnet. I’m very drawn to archangels myself!

6 Likes

I just came across this post and I had to write a comment because it reminded me of something my Grandad taught me. He was an atheist, a kind and gentle man who is sorely missed :heartpulse: But when I was 7 I remember him telling me that the angels would always watch over me when I was going to have surgery for a tooth that had grown the wrong way in my gum. I thought it odd because I always remember my Granny chiding him for not believing in God (they loved each other regardless he just liked to wind her up lol) So when I was feeling better I asked him why he said the Angels would watch over me if he doesn’t believe in God or Heaven? And his reply? “Just because I don’t believe in a God, doesn’t mean I don’t believe in the human soul. Everyone who isn’t here anymore is an Angel Chooks” That stuck with me and really helped me open up my spirituality. Btw Chooks was his nickname for me, its a Scottish thing lol :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

10 Likes

Beautiful story!

8 Likes