Does the Paper Matter?

I do have a question, speaking of burning rituals. Any thoughts on the paper used? I have learned not to use post-its. I am trying to avoid inhaling potentially harmful chemicals – sometimes I write a letter so my pieces are on the larger side.

11 Likes

@mary25 I have used unbleached writing parchment paper for burning. The bleached paper will release toxins when burning :fire:

12 Likes

Hey @mary25 :heart: I hope you don’t mind, but I moved your question to its own thread so more eyes can see it and give you an answer! I have thoughts, but I’m getting ready to head to the eye doctor. I’ll answer when I get back!

10 Likes

Huh, I never thought of that! I usually use notebook paper but that’s bleached and lined. Good question!

10 Likes

That is a good question @mary25, I never thought of that. I usually just use a writing pad with lines on them from Cambridge.

10 Likes

No, I never mind. :slight_smile: You are so good with organizing the forum and I really appreciate the effort!

9 Likes

@mary25 hi I personally use tissue paper for spell that require burning paper. It burns fast and completely. Also it’s cheap lol.

10 Likes

@crystal24 Good idea!

8 Likes

Thanks. It works for me anyway lol

8 Likes

Aww thanks! As for an answer to your question, I’ve usually always just burned what I had around me. If all I had was a sticky note, I would use it. The thing with burning things is that, no matter what you burn, there will always be smoke around and chemicals that you inhale. I’m a big fan of use what you’ve got :laughing:

10 Likes

Over the last few years, I have used parchment, tissue paper, and paper from pulling apart non-glossy or painted cardboard boxes. Scraps of cotton fabric work well also. when I had my woodshop I would also save planing shavings that were long and thin.

8 Likes