Does this look like Turquoise or Chrysocolla?

Does this look like turquoise? I used my rock identifier app on this pendant and it came up as chrysocolla. It kind of looks similar to both so now I’m not sure. I was told it was turquoise.

9 Likes

I have always found chrysocolla to be more blue than this

7 Likes

This looks more like either Turquoise or maybe even Kambaba Jasper. Not Chrysocolla though.

Turquoise Image from Energy Muse

Kambaba Jasper Image from Spirit Magicka

8 Likes

Thank you both :heart::blush:

7 Likes

Beautiful stone, @Assyla555! It’s a really lovely shade of green-blue. It reminds me of tropical waters :ocean: :blush:

Not a crystal expert myself, but bumping in case any other crystal experts in the forum want to chime in with their thoughts about it too!

I hope you can pinpoint exactly what it is, and that it serves you well! Blessed be :pray::gem::two_hearts:

8 Likes

I found this that might be helpfull :blush:

9 Likes

I’m drawn to Jasper and that one is beautiful :heart:

6 Likes

Assyla555
I’m not a Stone Whisperer, but no 2 stones look alike. The stones I submitted are all green jade. Maybe your lovely pendant is green jade.
This one is a Dianite (blue jade) polished stone.
Garnet

6 Likes

I have a good size piece of Chrysocolla that I keep on my altar. I couldn’t get a good picture of it last night… & I also want to say @Garnet is right, no 2 stones will look alike. There are other Jaspers & possibly Jades…

I ran your image through “Rock Identifier” then “Google Lens”, it came up Turquoise as a first match.

This is my piece of Chrysocolla:

If you purchased it, you should be able to ask the seller which stone it is too or bring it to a crystal/stone shop to have them check it out. :hugs:

5 Likes

That is absolutely gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

There is a crystal shop I’m going to bring it to just to get another opinion. I was told it’s Turquoise and your search popped up Turquoise so it may very well be that. I’m happy with it either way. :smiling_face: And thank you. :green_heart::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll do a bit more research on Jade. :relaxed::green_heart: :blue_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you! This is very informative and helpful! :green_heart::blue_heart:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.