Dole® Whip 🍍

Today’s recipe is something even I could make, if I had a blender. It’s a knock-off of the Dole Whip you get from Disney World. It sounds nice and cool and pineapple-y. Nice and refreshing.

Dole® Whip :pineapple:

prep: 10 mins
additional: 1 hr
total: 1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 10
Yield: 10 servings

Ingredients:

2 (20 ounces) cans crushed pineapple, drained
⅓ cup white sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream

Directions:

Blend pineapple, sugar, lemon juice, and lime juice together in a blender until mostly smooth; freeze until slushy consistency, 1 to 2 hours. Stir cream into pineapple mixture until evenly incorporated.

Cook’s Note:

This creates 10 very large servings, so in actuality, you can get a lot more servings out of this.

Nutrition Facts:

Per Serving:

218 calories; protein 1.2g; carbohydrates 25.8g; fat 13.3g; cholesterol 48.9mg; sodium 14.8mg

Recipe courtesy of All Recipes.

Enjoy!

13 Likes

Let me be the first to say that having not been to DW this title gave me a very interesting mental image… :laughing:

Sounds delicious though, I’ll have to try this! :yum:

7 Likes

Ooo this looks like a good summer treat indeed!

6 Likes

It sounded yummy, even if the name of the recipe is … odd. LOL!

Doesn’t it though?

6 Likes

It’s been years since I went to Disney World, so I had to look this one up! :laughing:

[Pic from Disney Food Blog]

I would have just assumed it was vanilla soft serve- now I’m super curious! :star_struck: Gonna have to put this one on the list to try. I wonder if I could switch out pineapple for another fruit to change the flavor? I bet peach would be delicious in this recipe :peach: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks so much for sharing, @Amethyst! It really does look like a perfect summer treat :icecream: :yum:

8 Likes

As soon as I saw this, I thought about Stewie from Family Guy :joy::rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m sorry @Amethyst but I needed this laugh! I do have to try this though. Seriously, my daughter will eat an entire container behind my back!!! And it has fruit, she’ll love it!!! Me too!!! Lol

6 Likes

OOh, or strawberry! There are so many possibilities! Let me know if it works out!

See, I’m either lucky or unlucky, but I don’t watch Family Guy so I have no idea what Stewie did. LOL! Glad it made you laugh though!

6 Likes

I don’t either so I don’t know if we’re giggling at the same thing, but at least we’re both having fun! :laughing:

5 Likes

Cool WH-ip :joy::joy::heart: this does look very yummy though :grin:

6 Likes

Too true! LOL!

5 Likes

Now that you mention it, it is just about strawberry season here in Poland! :strawberry: :star_struck: I agree that would be a lovely flavor for Dole Whip- I’ll have to see if there are any good berries to be found at the market :yum:

Thanks again for the summer inspiration! :grin::heart:

4 Likes

You’re very welcome!

4 Likes

Stewie is this bad ass little kid with a football shaped head. But anyway he puts too much emphasis on the ‘h’ in cool whip. Like whhhhhip. Idk how to explain it better typing!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Oh, and he annoys the talking pet dog with it

6 Likes

That’s funny just trying to figure it out! LOL! Thanks for explaining, love!

6 Likes

You should look it up on YouTube lol it’s hilarious

4 Likes

As much as I go to the Disney parks you’d think I was a fan of Dole Whip lol! It’s good but I can never finish it. Since I’m not the biggest pineapple fan, I find the flavor to be a bit over the top for me. However, if I can make my own, maybe I can adjust the intensity a bit? I may have to give this a try! Thanks so much for posting! And @Amethyst , strawberry?! now we’re talking!! :smiley:

6 Likes

I don’t see why strawberry wouldn’t work. You may have to adjust it some for consistency but it would taste darn good!

6 Likes

Brian and Stewie are too much!! :laughing:

Here is the cool whip scene (trigger alert: it’s family guy :rofl:)

5 Likes

Hey thanks!!! :rofl::rofl: Look @Amethyst :joy:

5 Likes

HEE! That was funny! Weird, but funny!

5 Likes