Dragon Salt

Here is a simple recipe for Dragon Salt. I was inspired by spicy salts that I found online. Some of them had additional ingredients like garlic, but I like to keep things simple.

This salt can be used in protection spells or for Litha/Midsummer when dragon energy is at its strongest.

You will need:
Salt (Coarse, Sea or Himalayan) - approx. 1 Tablespoon
Paprika (for love) - approx 1 teaspoon
Crushed red pepper (for strength) - approx 1 teaspoon
Rosemary (for protection) - approx 1 teaspoon
Mortar and pestle

1. Pour some salt into a mortar.
  2. Add a dash of paprika and crushed red pepper. Just enough to cover the salt, not bury it (I’ve made this mistake before and have had to add more salt).
  3. Burn some rosemary in a fireproof cauldron or container and add it to the mixture.
  4. Take pestle and crush and mix everything until the salt is a reddish color, with a bit of black.
  5. If you want, you may bless the salts by saying, Shadowy wings, fiery breath, I am now protected by the best
  6. Store in a jar or container for future spell work or wear it in a necklace for protection.
24 Likes

I’m going to try this. I like to keep things simple too. @Kasandra thank you for sharing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Perfect salts for the season! :sun_with_face: :heart:

This is a simple yet potent recipe, Kasandra- you chose some great ingredients for channeling that fiery, lively energy :fire:

Thank you so much for sharing! :blush:

9 Likes

@Kasandra
I don’t like spicy, (old stomach) but it started with Dragon, so I’ll try it.
Blessings
Garnet

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing, I was thinking of different kinds of salts… a tangent off of the weekly challenge being about the ocean & ocean magick :laughing:

I think I may try some of this, I haven’t resonated with Dragons, more than liking them & they are aesthetically pleasing to me & the different depictions of them. I learn more through @Kasandra & @Garnet though… I just haven’t found that I have a distinct more than superficial connection with them. I will try & see what happens though!

9 Likes

But, sorry if Im ignorant, but this salt is edible? I thought it’s not!

8 Likes

Well, it doesn’t have anything in it that you couldn’t eat so if if you wanted to add it to your food then that would be fine :blush:

8 Likes

Umm, I suppose you could sprinkle it on your food if you wanted to, since all of the ingredients are edible.
That’s one way to dispose of them, I guess. :laughing:

7 Likes

This is really neat, thank you for sharing! :dragon:

8 Likes

Thank you for this I am most definitely trying it.

8 Likes

Wasn’t sure if I could edit what I had posted (didn’t see the edit option), but I wanted to let everyone know that I used approximately one tablespoon for the salt and one teaspoon for the other ingredients. Just enough to make a circle or leave as a small offering. Feel free to increase the measurements!

6 Likes

Hey, my little dragonette
To edit, look at the bottom of your submission, and you’ll see a pencil :pencil2: That will pull up your writing for editing.
Garnet, the old cranky dragon:blush: :wink:. :dragon_face:

4 Likes

Good morning @Kasandra, I got the approximate amounts added to the ingredients for you :hugs:

5 Likes