Dream Analysis 🦇

Hi All!

Following on from the recent dream challenge, I’d like some help deciphering my dreams please! :pray:

A common theme of the last week has been to dream of 3am and then wake at 3am! I’m usually walking at night, or stroking a dog or cuddling a baby and I notice it’s 3am and then I wake up! :thinking:

If that wasn’t strange enough, I woke up last night at 3.10am to find a baby bat in our bedroom! :bat::heart: It was so sweet! :heart_eyes: It was gently clicking and it was very calm. My husband gently wrapped it in a towel and we let it go out of the window.

So Ive heard 3am is the “witching hour” but I’m not 100% sure what that means? Also, I find it a bit strange that the bat came in the bedroom at that time too. I don’t believe in coincidence as a general rule :stars:

Does anyone have any thoughts?

3 Likes

I have been waking at least once a night for about a week, but I am waking around 1AM. It was 3ish, but if I wake a second time, it’s 3AM. I don’t know why, I go do my thing, check that the doors are locked, and then usually go back to bed. Some nights it’s harder for me to get back to sleep.

I would be interested in what this means also, because I have heard it before. I will see what I can find out and reply in a little while. I have some time on my hands today.

1 Like

The witching hour means 3AM! It is supposedly a time when supernatural entities are at their strongest. It’s a liminal time, of inbetweenness, much like the crossroads or doorways / hedges.

American author Wayne Dyer said:

Do you find yourself regularly waking up around 3 or 4am each night? Next time this happens, remember this poem from Rumi and don’t go back to sleep.

"The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don’t go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don’t go back to sleep. " - Rumi

These hours before dawn are when you are close to Source, and a great time of inspiration and creativity. Put your feet on the floor, get out of bed, feel the morning breeze, and listen to your inner thoughts.

Regardless, nighttime awakenings are a common phenomenon and usually harmless, especially if you easily doze off again.

4 Likes

@Francisco thank you for posting the poem. I know that I will try it when I wake up in the morning again. I wake regularly in the middle of the night. Sometimes I can doze back off other times I am up for a few hours or I just can’t get back to sleep! I hope that it comes in handy for @Abs53 too!

I love finding that people are going through the same things that I am and we can all talk about them together! I am so convinced that I found Spells8 at the perfect time and it was meant to be a part of my journey!

3 Likes

That is amazing, @Abs53! :heart_eyes: Fransciso has some great advice (and a beautiful poem too!)- maybe try staying up at 3am and see if there is something waiting for you, like the baby bat! :bat::two_hearts: I agree that this is just too much to be a coincidence, and there is some important meaning there that is trying to make itself known to you.

Dream Lookup suggests the following interpretation for a bat flying inside your house :house: :

Envisioning a bat flying inside your house can be interpreted as a sign that you would need to move, leave or otherwise abandon your current residence due to unforeseen external forces. You may be forced from your house because it is no longer deemed safe by the government or because a natural disaster has destroyed it.

However, since you were actually awake when you saw the bat (as opposed to seeing it in your dream as a vision) it could be interpreted as an external sign, in which case you might consider the animal meaning of a bat :bat:. Spirit Animal has a whole page about possible meanings associated with bats, here is a snipet:

The Bat arriving in your life signifies an omen of change. He asks that you pay attention to signs around you. The transition may seem frightening at first, but you must let go of your old habits and patterns that no longer serve your higher calling. They will only hinder your growth.

On the flip side, if you have decided to use seeing 3am as your dream sign/reality check, then seeing that in your dream will alert your conscious to wake up :mantelpiece_clock: . If you can stay inside the dream while your consciousness is awake, you may be able to lucid dream!

Whether you decide to follow a path to lucid dreaming or there are hidden truths waiting for you in the witching hour, it is very exciting @Abs53! Best of luck and keep us updated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

This is fab info, thank you so much @BryWisteria! :two_hearts:

This makes so much sense to me! I’m going through a spiritual awakening at the moment (or some may say early midlife crisis!) and I’m 100% focused on positive change. I’m trying to change my career, even though its scary, I’m trying to get rid of my fears of failure and start my own company.

I want to rid my life of every unnecessary negativity and work towards living a healthy and positive life. I want to get rid of all my unhealthy addictions✌🏻

I love bat’s :bat::heart_eyes: so maybe they are my spirit animal? I had a look online and apparently people with the bat as a spirit animal are highly sociable, adaptable with good communication skills and enjoy nurturing others and making them happy; sounds like a pretty accurate description of me to me :joy:

3 Likes

There’s also a Chinese design known as Wu Fu. “Fu” is the word for bat and a homonym for blessings and luck! :bat:

Five Bats design Chinese luck

In the design, the five bats refers to the “five blessings”:

• Longevity
  • Health
  • Officialdom
  • Love of virtue
  • A natural death

From The Continuum Encyclopedia of Animal Symbolism in Art

2 Likes

Yes, it sounds like you are very much in tune with them- you have a wonderful Spirit Animal or Spirit Guide, @Abs53! :bat::two_hearts: It really does sound like the little bat was a symbol of change, but being on the right track.

Perhaps the bat was a little reassurance from the universe that you are doing great and moving in the right direction! :sparkling_heart: In such a case, the visit from the bat could be trying to cheer you up- helping ou overcome the natural fears of a new career and helping to chase away the negativity you are banishing. And that is so very exciting that you are starting your own company! :star_struck:

I am cheering you on (along with your bat friend! :bat:) as you overcome these challenges and move through exciting changes. You are so strong and have a great, positive goal- sending lots of love and good blessings your way! Keep going! :raised_hands::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you @Francisco! That’s great info! :sparkles:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your kind words @BryWisteria! :two_hearts:

I am very excited for my new path :grin:

1 Like

You are very welcome, @Abs53! :two_hearts: There are many wonderful things ahead for you- and it’s high time, you deserve many good things! :grin: You have a very big and kind heart, I hope the road ahead is exciting and rewarding for you. Love of love and blessed be! :blush::heart:

2 Likes