Earthing sheets

Hello from the Netherlands :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:,
I was wondering is there anyone here with some experience with earthing sheets/blankets/mats?
I just bougth one and slept on it for 2 night. After one night nothing much has happened, except for last night: my feet were glowing and very warm. Today I woke up with little aches and pains all over. I’ve read that everyone reacts differently on earthing, some people have the best sleep ever after using the sheet even for the first time, other people get detox symptoms and othter people don’t feel or notice anything.
I was wondering I there are people who would like to share their experience if any.
Thanks and have a wonderful Monday!

11 Likes

Hello Martine! :blush:

I actually hadn’t heard about earthing sheets before- my first thought was that it was some type of futon! Some of the best sleep I’ve ever gotten was on futon mattresses, they are surprisingly comfy :grinning:

Anyways, for anyone else who is also learning about earthing sheets for the first time, here is a quick description:

What Are Earthing Sheets?

Earthing sheets are regular bedding sheets with a conductive material woven through them.

This conductive material connects to a wire you plug into the grounding port on a standard electrical outlet (it’s the third prong; that semi-circular hole beneath the other two prongs).

From Scott Jeffrey’s Earthing Sheets Review

They sound like they can help a lot with grounding, among other potential health benefits.

I haven’t given them a try before, so just bumping this post in hopes that it will reach anyone who has used them! Hopefully the coven will have some advice for you, Martine :heart:

Blessed be and I hope you enjoy your earthing sheet- thank you for sharing about it! :raised_hands:

9 Likes

Hi @BryWisteria,
I was just very curious. Because grounding/earthing is kind of a thing for witches as far as I know (as baby witch :wink:). But so far it doesn’t seem like it. I have to say I do really thinks it’s working, it’s for the 2nd day in a row that I dont have cold feet. So if that is the effect after only 2 days than I’m very curious what the effects are after 2 months!

6 Likes

I had never heard of these before!

I have to be honest, they sound pretty intimidating for me out of my own fear of being plugged into the wall :sweat_smile: I know they are plugged into the ground and not voltage, but it still makes me squeamish!

I’d love to hear about your experience with them over the course of the next few months. They are definitely an interesting product! I think they come from the more scientific perspective of grounding rather than the magical one.

6 Likes

What if I told you it doesn’t even need to be plugged in. My socket in the bedroom is not grounded so I have to ground my sheet via the radiator pipe. In the Netherlands it is mandatory to ground the radiators via the central heating boiler. They also give this as a tip on the relevant websites.
Of course as you indicate this is scientific and not spiritually grounded.

The funny thing is that I have a lot of trouble visualizing that I am grounded. The idea of ​​something growing out of my butt or feet gives me the creeps :face_with_hand_over_mouth:.
So I thought maybe this would be a good substitute.
Anyway, the pains are gone and I woke up rested. But I also had my first Reiki treatment last night so I don’t know if it’s because of the sheet or because of the Reiki that I feel so good now :crazy_face: :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I have never heard of earthing sheets before. I am looking forward to hearing how it is after using it for a month. It would freak me out a bit to plug it into the wall plug, even if it is the ground part. :slight_smile:

Reiki is awesome. Glad you got a good nights sleep.

6 Likes

Oh, I agree completely, grounding is a great witchy practice! :grinning: In addition to spellwork, it helps with meditation and being mindful too- I really ought to do more grounding more often haha :laughing:

I had never considered using an earthing mat to help with grounding before, but it is a creative and interesting idea. And it sounds like it is working well for you- that is exciting, Martine! You’ve made me curious about the effects over time too. Here’s to hoping it continues to help you and that you keep enjoying it! Please keep us posted! :heart::blush:

5 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose you don’t have to use the sockets, you could use the radiator pipe or use an ground pin to pin the cable directly into the earth. There is no electricity involved.

6 Likes

@BryWisteria

I sure will!

5 Likes

What?! That’s so interesting! I may look into them a bit more – I don’t think I would ever get any myself, but it’s such an interesting concept. And if it helps, that’s a plus!

5 Likes

How funny
I suffer with severe headaches caused by Fibromyalgia which I’ve suffered with for 27 odd years now, my partner bought me a grounding pillowcase about 2 years ago

I did use it for a while but it didn’t make much difference
But I was going through a pretty bad phase and was incredibly stressed and wasn’t sleeping

So I should maybe get it out and give it a try again

If I remember tightly I had mine plugged in for a while and then I had to unplug it so my partner said I could earth it on the bed frame (there was a metal frame I think….

I’ve moved (and changed beds) and become far calmer since then so yes, I should definitely give it a go again

But yep I had a pillowcase rather than a sheet

I’d totally forgotten about it
Thank you for the reminder
:pray:t2::blush:

5 Likes

@raiven you’re welcome :hugs:

3 Likes

I hope you can find your grounding pillowcase and that it helps you with your headaches, @raiven! :pray::heart:

Wishing you all the best with it- good luck and blessed be!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.