Easy Apple Pancakes

Got this from the Taste of Home Website and thought it looked like a great witchy breakfast for Fall. Enjoy!

Easy Apple Pancakes

Ingredients

1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup milk or buttermilk
2 large eggs
¼ cup applesauce
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup shredded granny smith apple

Instructions

In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Whisk in milk, eggs, applesauce, and cinnamon just until combined. Stir in shredded apple.

Preheat a flat griddle over medium-high heat.

Scoop ¼ cup of pancake batter onto the griddle. Let pancakes cook until bubbles form before flipping.

Cook the other side until golden brown. Serve hot with syrup.
4 Likes

I am drooling over the thought of warm, homemade apple pancakes :pancakes::apple::drooling_face: I usually make my apple pancakes with normal or banana pancakes, then boil down an apple compote to pour over them (like syrup!). I’ll have to give this style a try- it looks really tasty! Thanks for sharing, Kasie :two_hearts:

1 Like

You’re welcome! I would have never thought to use a shredder on an apple but that sounds so easy now that someone pointed it out. Glad you liked the recipe!

1 Like

Thank you for all the yummy recipes :yum: I have so many apples from my uncle’s farm. I don’t know what to do with them all :sweat_smile: I’ll give this a try bc my daughter loves apples and pancakes.

2 Likes

Glad you like! I love posting new recipes for others to enjoy, even though I can’t physically cook myself. I post a lot of recipes this time of year.

2 Likes

I appreciate them! And will put them to good use!

2 Likes

Since you have a lot of apples, here is a link to my Dreamwidth journal, which is a recipe for Apple Pie Bars with Caramel on top. And if you want something specific, just let me know. I’ll try to look it up for you. :grinning:

1 Like

Ohhhh what a delicious new take on caramel apples- the pie bars sound amazing! :heart_eyes::apple:

1 Like

They do, don’t they? Carmel apples used to be one of my favorite things about Fall, my Daddy would buy them for me at the store. It’s a fun memory.

1 Like

That is a very nice memory- sounds like caramel apples come with a lovely nostalgia for you, @Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope if you decide to make the pie bars they bring back happy childhood memories for you :two_hearts::apple:

1 Like

It is a nice memory. My Dad worked in the newspaper and couldn’t get Thanksgiving or Christmas off that often, but he’d get Halloween off and he’d take me Trick or Treating for hours. I’d come home with enough candy do to till Easter! LOL.

1 Like

Yummm!!! I know what Felicity is having for breakfast tomorrow :yum:

2 Likes

I hope you enjoy! They look nice and apple-y. LOL.

1 Like