Feeling the need to enhance my Witch name

So I as much as I love my witch name, I have been feeling this urge to, I guess, enhance it. I came across another name from the Mists of Avalon books (not the book but one of the prequels) and I remembered that it was the name I was always drawn to. Nimue for sure, but this other name was the name I literally used as a pseudonym back when i was into creative writing as a teen and young adult. (ugh, I’m 39! why does that make me feel old?!)

I have been feeling that Dierna Nimue is more my name. Dropping the lady part for more ritual times but my actual witch name would Dierna Nimue Selene. Just feels…right???

Not sure if that is a thing or if feeling a change is normal with craft names? And I’m talking about in general, not just on here.

10 Likes

I can’t say that I’ve ever felt the need to change my witch name – I don’t use one :sweat_smile: But I would imagine that it’s normal for things to shift over time.

As our practice grows, we grow with it. This can lead to a deeper understanding of ourselves, our beliefs, and where we stand in the world. If you feel like your witch name isn’t right anymore, that’s okay! Change it – change it a million times if you need to. You’ll find one that fits, and when it doesn’t fit anymore, you can change it again. :heart:

Also – if you’d like one of us mods to update your username here, just let me know :blush:

9 Likes

I’ve heard about having a witch name, never thought about it. I think yours is lovely. I’ve always liked Nimue from the Merlin legends, if you like it, wonderful. You’re very good with names, your dog’s name is fabulous. It’s a gift. Blessings :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Now that I am thinking about it… I believe I did something similar when I started using a name in the forum. Originally it was just Siofra & then I added Strega. I have thought about a possible change but know what it would be :laughing:

I love that you have found an enhancement for yours too! & that it was a part of you & your pen name creative writing :hugs:

I’m going to echo @MeganB… if you would like it definitely changed, just let one of us know & we will get it done for you! :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

thanks. Actually, I think I will have you update it to ‘Dierna Nimue Selene’. That would be awesome, thanks guys :slight_smile:

9 Likes

You are all set! I hope you love :heart: your updated name @Dierna_Nimue_Selene :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank!!! :blush:

5 Likes

Congrats on your beautiful new name, @Dierna_Nimue_Selene! I agree with what’s already been said- change is a natural part of the learning journey. You should always have a name that you feel reflects who you are, here and now at this stage of your adventure!

May you continue to wear it with pride :blush: Blessed be!

4 Likes

You’re very welcome! It looks good on you :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Username has been updated :revolving_hearts: