Finally got around to adding to my new wand

Made a start to my wand again last night :grinning: not sure ill add much more now? i was going to use more linseed oil on it but I kind of like the raw feel of the debarked wood :heartpulse:

16 Likes

No way!!! That is so neat looking!!! You did an amazing job!!!

8 Likes

It looks so good! I love the colors you chose. What do the markings on it mean, if you don’t mind me asking? It looks like runes, but I don’t know runes so I’m not sure :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Great job! I love the work that you have done. Amazing! :star_struck:

7 Likes

@christina4 @Susurrus Thank you :kissing_heart: Ive had the stuff there to do it for a while but I just wasn’t sure what to do with it? So I scoured Google images and looked for crystal and herb properties and just went with it :heart:

@MeganB Thank you also :heart: they are Runes :grin: I chose ones that correspond to energy, transformation, light, magic, divination and protection :grin: they aren’t as neat as the rest of the wand because fine details aren’t part of my crafting skill lol :heart:

I used an Amethyst for the point, Smokey Quartz for the base and the jute twine has dried rosemary leaves beneath it :heart: and the little jar is a spell jar with my hair and annointing oil to connect with it :heart:

11 Likes

Great work! That sounds perfect for your wand. I love how it came out. :heart:

7 Likes

Very cool! You did a great job!

7 Likes

Love that you added some of the rune FUTHARK to it!

8 Likes

This is phenomenal! I agree with Megan, the color palette is the best part! What type of wood is it?

7 Likes

Look at this magickal masterpiece! :star_struck: Wow, @Liisa- it came out wonderful! There’s so many interesting aspects- may I ask which crystals you decided to attach? And is that a little bottle I see hanging by the handle? Any idea what you’ll put inside?

Ahhh it’s so exciting to see! Great work and thanks for sharing! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

@Amethyst thank you lovely :hugs:

@Volmarr thank you :heart: I have been doing a lot of research into the Runes lately and I’m finally starting to connect with some of them :heart:

@Francisco Thank you :heart: it’s made of willow :heart:

@BryWisteria Thank you :heart: I chose Amethyst and Smokey quartz :grin: and the little jar is a spell jar, it has annointing oil and some of my hair in it to connect it to me :heart:

7 Likes

@Liisa , for learning the runes I recommend these books:

Futhark: A Handbook of Rune Magic

Runelore: The Magic, History, and Hidden Codes of the Runes

The Teutonic Way: Magic

Northern Mysteries and Magick: Runes & Feminine Powers

8 Likes

Thank you so much :heartpulse: I have the book at the top of the list and one by Lisa Chamberlain as well but, I’m always looking for more :heartpulse:

6 Likes