Find Your Happiness: A Visualization Technique

Merry meet!

I’ve been really enjoying the book I’m reading for this session of Book Club and while I’ll save my full review for later, I came across this one mindfulness technique that I found very helpful.

Sharing it here in case it helps anyone else too! :blush:

Finding Your Happiness Exercise from Mindfulness by Domyo Sater Burk:

This exercise encourages you to spend some time in your “happy place”- the happiest place and situation you can think of. It asks you to do so without judgment.

Simply spend some time examining the things that make you happy- notice what is involved. Does your true happiness require physical and material things? It is just about you, or are other people involved in your true happiness? Where are you? Who are you?

By spending some time with yourself in your happiest place, you can learn a lot about what exactly makes you happy.

And, from there, you have a better roadmap towards achieving your happiness :world_map:

→ If you gave this exercise a try, what happy place did you find?
→ Do you have a similar happiness exercise of your own that you like to use?

Would love to hear your thoughts :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

I did the exercise while falling asleep last night and found myself in a cozy little house. It was quiet, but the noises were natural- birds chirping outside, the soft snores of a dog, a kitten purring. My partner was there and we were drinking tea.

But more so than any of the physical things in the vision was the overwhelming sense of emotion: security, safety, stability.

Everyone was safe. All tasks were done. There was such a sense of peace.

Needless to say, I fell asleep pretty fast with that on my mind! :house: :tea: I think this is a place I’ll revisit in future meditations. I may try to incorporate it into my Inner Temple space too, somehow- not for magickal workings, but as a “rest and relaxation zone” :relaxed:

Blessed be!

6 Likes

What a lovely idea! I’ll try this later!

6 Likes

Oh thank you for sharing @BryWisteria, I am doing a lot of mindfulness & self-awareness so I think this is something that I am going to try tomorrow morning after my reset & cleanse meditation for the day. I’m really excited about doing this one!

I can’t wait to hear your review of the rest of the book too. This reminds me that I need to go add a book to the current book club that I found by accident! So thank you for that also! :hugs:

5 Likes

@Amethyst I’m glad you like it! :blush: If you decide to give it a try, I hope you have a nice meditation :two_hearts:

@Susurrus Cheers to mindfulness work! :grinning: Good for you, Siofra- I hope your meditations are going well :person_in_lotus_position: And ohhh hooray for a new book- thanks for adding it in to the book club list! :open_book: :blush:

5 Likes

I’m doing much better with my meditations since I have found that for some of them, laying down is much easier than sitting up or ones that are better to do outside rather than in the house. I’m not confining myself to just my room anymore. My sense of curiosity to find what truly works has been in gear since around just before May & so far so good!

5 Likes