First Day of the Month: Don't Forget Your Cinnamon Spell!

The Monthly Cinnamon Abundance Spell

It’s the first day of a new month and if you’re in witchy groups in real life or online, you may catch wind of witchy friends chatting about their monthly cinnamon spell. This spell is extremely popular to cast- but what does it involve? And what is it supposed to do?

If you’re just beginning your magickal studies or are coming across this spell for the first time, consider this your guide to one of the most famous magickal spells! :grinning:

What is the Monthly Cinnamon Spell?

The Cinnamon Monthly Abundance Spell is an abundance spell that is cast on the first day of a new month. The most important ingredient is cinnamon, which is blown- usually through a doorway into one’s home :door:

This spell comes in many variations and is called by many different names. Some versions of the spell have elaborate steps and involve numerous ingredients while other versions keep it simple and beginner-friendly. But whether they are long or short, all versions of the Monthly Cinnamon Spell have two key components:

1. The spell is cast on the first day of the month (some variations can be cast on the New Moon or other new beginnings)

2. Cinnamon

Cinnamon-Magical-Properties-Correspondences
Cinnamon Magickal Properties

Cinnamon is a potent magickal ingredient that corresponds with wealth, prosperity, good luck, abundance, and good health. As such, by blowing cinnamon into your house you are blowing all of these positive things into your space!

How do you cast the Monthly Cinnamon Spell?

If you are new to casting spells, welcome! Rest assured that the Monthly Cinnamon Spell is an easy and quick spell that is great for beginners and experienced witches alike.

That being said, casting magick requires belief- which is rooted in confidence. If you’re a brand new witch, you may want to learn a bit about the spellcasting process first. This gives you a foundation of knowledge that increases your casting confidence :muscle:

The Spellcasting 101 Course has a free lesson to help new witches do just that!

How to Cast Spells When You’re New and Unsure

Once you feel ready, the remaining preparations for this spell are very simple! All you need is cinnamon (which you may already have in your kitchen cupboard) and the time to cast the spell on the first day of a new month. Give yourself about 5 minutes to cast.

When you are ready, head to a doorway, entranceway, or other space that leads into your house, apartment, or other place of dwelling. This can even be the door into your bedroom or other room, if you want to bless only one area within a building.

Casting magick requires focus, so try to limit any loud noises or distractions as best as you can. It is recommended that you cast on your own (with no other people around to interrupt you) unless you are casting as a group :two_women_holding_hands:

Follow the instructions of your chosen spell, including any post-spellwork actions (such as disposal of ingredients or spell remains) you should take.

Then, relax and enjoy the benefits of the spell- abundance should bless your space for the rest of the month!

Note that this spell is cast with a time limit- its magick is meant to last the month. When the next month comes around, feel free to renew the positive energies and blessings by repeating the spell :sparkles:

Monthly Cinnamon Abundance Spell to Use

Ready to cast? Here is one version of the Monthly Cinnamon Abundance Spell. Feel free to adjust it to suit your needs!

Cinnamon-Ritual-360x240
Blowing Cinnamon into Your House: An Abundance Ritual

More Cinnamon Magick

Have some cinnamon left over? This potent magickal ingredient carries numerous benefits in spellwork that are both medicinal and magickal. Feel free to put your cinnamon to more uses with these additional cinnamon spells and recipes!

Good-Luck-Cinnamon-Chant-360x240
Enabler Chant: Good Luck & Prosperity Cinnamon Spell

Cinnamon-Fennel-Inner-Fire-Recipe-360x240
Cinnamon Fennel Inner Fire Tea Recipe

How-To-Break-Bad-Luck-Spell
“Bad Luck Go Away!” Curse Removal Spell with Cinnamon

Easy-Uncrossing-Spell-Ritual
Uncrossing Spell to Get Rid of Bad Energy with Cinnamon

a-gift-for-you-2-1-2-800x530
Prosperity Anointing Oil with Cinnamon

Have you ever done a New Month Cinnamon Abundance Spell?
If so, how did it work for you? :magic_wand:

Feel free to share your experiences, guidance, and recommended spells in the comments below.

Happy Casting and Blessed Be!

21 Likes

Blessed Be! :infinite_roots:

Thank you for the post.

I have a notice on my calendar for a monthly reminder.

13 Likes

Thank you for the post.

I did it this morning.

Of course because it is colder outside there was a draft going out of the house so some of the cinnamon landed on me and went outside. I didn’t want the abundance flowing out so I got more cinnamon, stood a little closer on the threshold so more of the cinnamon went inside than out!

12 Likes

That’s such a smart way to plan spellwork in advance! :star_struck: I hope it brings you an abundance of blessings and prosperity, @crystal5 - so mote it be! :heart:

Top-notch spell imrpvosing there- when it’s not working the way you wish, time to adapt! I’m glad you were able to blow abundance into your space successfully, @Phoenix_Rose. May it be a prosperous new month for you! :sparkles::blush:

13 Likes

Oh, thank you for the reminder!
I almost always forget :hugs:

9 Likes

I did this earlier today before I went on my New Year’s Day hike and forgot to post until now!

Had a brief window of opportunity before the cats would try to dart out :laughing: (actually they weren’t nearby but I did make this quick to avoid any temptation!)

Happy New Year, New Month!

11 Likes

It’s my pleasure, @KristinaRoseMarie - may the new month (and new year!) be full of abundance for you! :heart: :hugs:

Blowing cinnamon in brings abundance, but cats running out would bring nothing but chaos :joy_cat: Nicely maneuvered! :sunglasses: :+1:

Happy New Year and Month to you too, Artemisia- may the time ahead be full of blessings for you and your household! :cat2: :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Did it. This is the first time I’ve done a cinnamon new month spell. Went very well, with my whole house cleanse and re-ward. Thankyou. :green_heart:

6 Likes

I missed it, but that’s okay. I don’t have any cinnamon right now anyway, but I will light some incense and bless my home! :heart:

This is a fantastic idea! :clap: I think I’ll add a reminder like this to the Spells8 Community Calendar!

6 Likes

I put it in my calendar to repeat on the 1st of the month. I also did this last night after mediation. The meditation was really good. Andi could feel Lucifers wings. Feels like a blanket of comfort And his heat coursed through my body as I directed it to each body part. He knew I needed him.

I made this through Image Creator from Microsoft Designer

7 Likes

@TracyS Woohoo! I’m glad it went well for you, Tracy- may your home be blessed by abundance in the weeks ahead! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@MeganB A fun thing about this spell is that there’s an opportunity to do it each and every month- if you miss one, no worries! Another 1st will be here before we know it :blush: Hope you’re having fun settling in and making the new house a home! :heart:

@Devenne I like your idea of pairing this spell with a meditation- it sounds like it all went well for you and your guide! I’m glad you enjoyed such a nice meditation with him :grinning: :sparkles:

6 Likes

Thankyou miss lovely lady :kiss::kiss::kiss:

6 Likes

@Devenne :hugs: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Smiling****. :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

6 Likes

Awesome spell. I had heard of it mentioned in a few other places but tend to forget when life gets busy as mine does.

Thank you for the spell. Blessed be.:partying_face:

6 Likes

My pleasure, @Magdelina! :heart:

Blessed be :sparkles:

5 Likes

Has the Cinnamon Spell always been on the Google calendar or is that new? I just noticed to for next month. So helpful!

6 Likes

You’re right, it’s shiny and new for the new year! I believe Megan recently added it to the Calendar :blush:

May it help anyone who enjoys the monthly cinnamon spell keep track of their casting! :spiral_calendar: :sparkles: :brown_heart:

6 Likes

It’s new :heart: I added it in after someone else (sorry, I can’t remember who!) mentioned that they added it to their own calendar. I figured it would be a cool thing to have on our community calendar as a reminder!

5 Likes

It’s wonderful and useful, thank you!

5 Likes