First Steps Towards Wicca

Hey! I’m Rae (They/Them). I discovered Wicca recently through a personal project. I’m a fantasy writer and I was brainstorming some ideas for an Urban Fantasy. Along the way, I fell into a fury of Wiccan research and realized that a lot of my personal beliefs were being reflected back at me. It was such a cool thing to realize that I wasn’t the only one who thought this way (and being from a Christian Republican town, it was quite a shock).

I’m so excited to learn more and I can’t wait to see all that’s out there. I’d love to meet new people who share the same beliefs (and people who don’t but at least understand where I’m coming from).

Anyway, I’m from Ohio and am currently a first-year in college.

12 Likes

Merry Meet @MoonDrifter18. I’m Siofra from Cape Cod & an Eclectic Witch here in the forum. I draw from different systems to make up my practice.

Everyone here is very friendly & supportive of your unique path. If you have any questions or information to share, feel free & someone will get back to you as soon as they can to help you out.

Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Feb 28 - Mar 6 :new_moon_with_face: is a good place to start for things going on in the forum.

6 Likes

Merry meet :magic_wand: @MoonDrifter18
I’m Marsha from Colorado. Welcome!
I’m so glad you have joined us :heart:

5 Likes

Hi @MoonDrifter18! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Nice to see a fellow writer! Although all I write is fanfiction. Still, it’s a fun hobby, and yes, you can learn a lot about things going down the research hole! LOL.

A great way to start out here researching is the Courses. There’s just oodles of information there, waiting to be read!

If you have any questions just ask and someone will be by to help you out! I look forward to getting to know you better!

4 Likes

Welcome! You will find everyone in here very helpful! I too recommend the courses. Very glad you are here.

5 Likes

Merry meet @MoonDrifter18 :blush:

Welcome to the forum- it sounds like you fell down the rabbit hole and right into wonderland with your writing research! I think I can say that the people here are just as diverse and wonderful as the characters Alice met on her journey, but largely more helpful than many she met along her way haha :cat: :tophat: So if you have any questions, don’t be shy- the Q&A Category is there for you! :heart:

I think it’s wonderful that you were able to find a match with your personal beliefs in Wicca and witchcraft. I hope you continue to enjoy your studies and research! May I ask if there are any aspects in particular (tarot, candle magick, moon magick, etc) that call out to you? If not, no worries! There is always lots of explore and you’ll find the things you like most :blush:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be, Rae! :sparkles:

5 Likes

@BryWisteria, I’m a very visual person so I’m drawn more towards crystals and runic magick. I’d love to practice with candles too but we aren’t allowed to have them in the dorms :no_mouth:

5 Likes

@MoonDrifter18 I work with crystals & have a crystal oracle draw every day & it includes my rune draw for the day & Celtic Tree Oracle (right now that’s the deck I’m drawn to, it can change to Inner Child or 1 of my tarot decks)

March 2022 Single Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws

There are a lot of posts about crystals & their properties if you have a chance to search the tags or forum for crystals.

There is a central post for rune information

Runes Information that will lead you to topics regarding runes. We have the same type of thing for tarot cards too if you’re interested

:flower_playing_cards: Tarot Poems by The Gifted and Talented Kasie

4 Likes

Crystals and runes are both wonderful areas of magick to explore, and both good things for practicing in a dorm room! :+1:

As for the candles, I’m often on the road (and currently staying in a hotel room on vacation) so I know how it is with not being able to use candles :sweat_smile: There were some great alternatives shared in Wicca in College - Candle Replacements and I recently got these little flicker lights that, while not the same as actual fire, do help with the atmosphere and have been wonderful candle substitutes in anxiety spells and meditations :person_in_lotus_position: And they travel great! :baggage_claim: :candle:

I’m sure you’ll be able to find a substitute that works for you, Rae- Blessed be! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the link! It was incredibly helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

You’re very welcome, Rae! :blush: Wishing you all the best with your magickal and non-magickal studies- blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.