Formal Introduction! 🪶❤️

Hello, Merry meet! :heart:

I have posted in the forum already but I was encouraged to formally introduce myself. :hugs:

My story is easy and simple. I grew up in the church. Pentacostal. I was very active, but I was ashamed to admit that I was having doubts inside of my own faith. Always questioning my faith/salvation.

I had a very distorted view of God, because I had an absent father so I had issues trusting in someone I couldn’t see.

I was always aggravated because when people would talk to me they would ALWAYS explain the “what to do” but never the “how to do” so I fail away from the church, started practicing witchcraft when I was 19, I had a bad experience with a deck of tarot cards and stopped practicing and swore off ALL witchcraft.

Recently, my eyes were opened and I was encouraged to go back after what I was afraid of and "Do it afraid " so recently I started practicing again. I am learning so much and overwhelmed with how much their is to learn!

I feel particularly drawn to the triple moon goddess. :crescent_moon:

That’s my story. Pretty much.

Blessed be, sisters and love to all. :magic_wand::broom::heart:

9 Likes

Well, then, since we’re being formal…WELCOME! (Capital letters make it formal. Or a screaming welcome. Your pick.)

Merry Meet! I’m from the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. I was a lapsed Catholic. I wandered in here off the street and they were nice to me so I stayed. I mean, I guess it could have looked like I found the site because I was searching the internet to learn more about spirituality after a relationship ended, but I like my version better. I’m a heterosexual male with a twisted sense of humor, and I’m working on Manners.

For decades I collected witchy things just because I thought they were cool, and I learned a little about witchcraft because I’m curious about most things. Then when the things I was reading said you need this, this & this, and I started pulling them off a shelf and out of boxes I realized that maybe I was a “witch in waiting,” or something. I am drawn to trees, the Moon and the Sacred/Divine Feminine all of which led me to the Triple Goddess. I have since grown into what might be called a medium or centric polytheist. I work with Danu and Hekate.

I mention all this because you were so forthcoming. If you had wanted, you could have just said Hi. Anyway, as I am sure you’ve noticed, everyone here is very friendly, supportive and accepting. There are many paths, and which one you take depends on where you are and where you are going. Welcome!

7 Likes

@triplemoonlove9091 since this is a formal introduction now,

Merry Meet & Welcome to the Forum

I am Siofra from Cape Cod, New England, Atlantic Ocean, currently going through the aftermath of a blizzard. Which means stay in the house & do your thing while you have the time. :laughing:

As @anon87969570 said, I found my way here through the internet & a pull to get back to what i started when I was a teenager. I have 2 adult children & 1 in 7th grade, so I have a bit more time to myself. I am disabled, so I can’t work & currently doing some INTENSE Shadow Work. It’s time & needs to be done.

I am an Eclectic Witch, I draw from multiple sources to form my own practice which is more Celtic/Druidry/Nature Magic/Irish Paganism. Both deities that I work with are Celtic. The Morrigan & Brighid. They are my spiritual balance right now with what I am working on for myself.

Everyone here is really supportive & helpful of your unique path. So if you have any questions feel free to ask & someone will get back to you as soon as they can or at least point you in the right direction.

5 Likes

Hello. :slight_smile:

It’s nice to meet you sister! <3

I wanna learn about shadow work…i gather it’s sort of like “inner healing” a way to search ones self?

6 Likes

Hahaha. I love your playful energy!

It’s nice to meet you as well! Yes, everyone here is so very welcoming! I have chosen to stay as well. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes, it’s facing your shadow & working through what’s there. I am deep in some right now. I have 1 session of it a week. There are beginner-friendly types of shadow work. Be prepared to do the work. The work is draining & exhausting but the release is the best feeling in the world & suddenly all kinds of tension is gone & you just feel lighter.

Shadow work and how to begin

Shadow Work & A Dark Moon

Shadow work, where to start?

6 Likes

Hey there! As you know, I’m Amethyst. It’s nice to formally meet you!

6 Likes

Greetings, @triplemoonlove9091!

I know we’ve already talked a bit, but thanks for taking the time to share your introduction- wishing you a very warm (official) welcome to the forum! :grin: :two_hearts:

I grew up non-religious, but through travels and university I ended up studying various religions and came to realize that my spirituality actually had a name and even a community behind it! Finding your way into magick and among like-minded souls really does feel like coming home :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think you’ve been doing a great job of exploring the main site and forum, so just a friendly reminder to always reach out if you’ve got any questions (or just want to chat)! The Q&A Category is the go-to for witchy wonderings, and Site Feedback is the place for any questions related to technology/the site :grinning:

It’s been a delight talking with you so far- please continue to make yourself at home here! :heart: Blessed be!

4 Likes

Thank you so much! You guys have certainly made me feel at home! Blessed be. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.