Freya- who works with her? What is she like?

Hello!

Does anyone work with Freya? What is she like? Is she a demanding diety?

11 Likes

I don’t work with Freyja, but I am currently working with Ole One Eye (Odin) and Thor and Beastie (Loki) my patron deity, so I do work with the Norse family. You can’t get more demanding than Odin, so I think you’ll be fine. I find the Norse deities are very earthy. They like to get right down by your side, live your life alongside you like a really good friend. They’re not aloof or perfectionists.
Here’s the Norse Master Post
Norse Deities Master Post
Scroll down to the Freyja Goddess Course.

Each person’s experience with the Norse family is unique too. I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful time together.

:sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Thanks, @tracyS :grin: I missed typing the ‘j’ so that could be why I didn’t find that when I looked.

I received a statuette in a subscription box so I am not sure if that qualifies as her reaching out to work with me. I would also not be good with a demanding deity.
Also, I have killed a lot of the ladybugs that live in our windowsill each year. I don’t think that it is her trying to reach out either as I think that is more of a country thing. Which with my reading last night, the lady bug is associated with Freyja. And to be honest I won’t stop killing the lady bugs coming in the window sill.

But I am curious and nervous. Just don’t know what to do next.

10 Likes

See what the course says. I wouldn’t worry too much about the bugs, Loki’s are spiders and them and I, nope, we are not sharing a house no matter how many he sends :rofl:.

The Norse gods are very chilled, and not demanding, they’re a lovely bunch. Reach out and see what she does. :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

I’d say definitely! :heart::two_hearts:

12 Likes

I found this. These are great ladies for Norse Wisdom.

12 Likes

Thank you @tracyS !!

I believe you mentioned somewhere that you live in Scotland/UK. If this is correct, why did you choose to work with Norse gods rather than Celtic ones?

Although I live in Canada, according to family history that I know about and DNA testing, I am actually 98% UK. I thought I would have a more diverse DNA profile but I do not. So I always thought if I worked with deity it should be a Celtic deity. But Freyja sounds pretty cool but then I am sure there are comparable Celtic goddesses I could work with. This is why I am asking you why you chose to work with the Norse gods instead of Celtic. But only answer if you are comfortable.

10 Likes

I live in England. My fathers line is Anglo Saxon, my mother Irish (the North). My grandmother on my father’s side traced our ancestry to old Germania, and hence German (Norse) gods. I didn’t choose the Norse gods. Loki picked me, for better or worse, and we gelled (it took me 40 years to wake up though) :rofl: I was a Christian for a long time. It seems when I picked the pagan path, Loki saw his chance and took it. I did look at the Irish gods and for a short time worked with The Morrigan, but once she’d helped me overcome a few obstacles, she left. Loki stayed so maybe it’s the Anglo Saxon blood, or his sheer bloody-mindedness that when he wants something, he gets it :rofl:. I think spirit/deity reaches out to us, at different times to guide us where we need to be in that moment, sometimes they stay, sometimes they go and help someone else, and another spirit/deity reaches out, and sometimes a deity will stay and become your friend forever.

Right now I’m getting to know Baron Samedi, he’s to help me in this next stage of the journey, whether he stays or goes once he’s finished his lessons to me, I don’t know. But I do know Loki will always be by my side. :person_shrugging:

11 Likes

Thank you for your answer!

I looked again at my results and it’s actually 98.8% UK with almost all of the being from Scotland. .7 is from Portugal and the rest is untraceable.

That makes such sense that the deities come and go as necessary, or stay.

10 Likes

If you do decide to work with Freyja, if you subscribe to the above channel Freyia TV she has great videos and teaches Nordic Witchcraft, if that interests you. :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Ooohhh. It came to me to add honey to one of my small jars. I will add a teaspoon each day I work with Freyja, and when it is full, I will make a cup of tea and toast with honey. Then I will sit and have a tea with Freyja. If that goes well, I will repeat that.

Today I shared my beer with her and had a quick chat. It was quite a day and I dealt with it well so I am super happy about that. I thanked her for her assistance.

It seems I am working with Freyja. It feels right. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose That’s great. :partying_face:

7 Likes