½ cup butter, melted
2 egg whites
1 cup white sugar
2 cups sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup heavy cream

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

Step 2

Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, walnuts, and melted butter. Toast in the oven until walnuts are fragrant, about 15 minutes; stir occasionally. Sprinkle 2/3 of the walnut mixture evenly over the bottom of the 9x13 inch dish.

Step 3

In a large bowl, whip the egg whites with the lemon juice until they can hold a soft peak. Gradually add white sugar while continuing to whip to firm peaks. Fold in the strawberries.

Step 4

In a separate bowl, whip the cream with an electric mixer until stiff but not grainy. Fold into the strawberry mixture. Spoon over the crust in the dish and spread evenly. Top with the remaining walnut mixture. Freeze for 6 hours, or overnight.

Nutritional Facts:

Per Serving:
159 calories; protein 1.6g; carbohydrates 18.5g; fat 9.2g; cholesterol 23.8mg; sodium 37.2mg

Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.

5 Likes

Ooo… I bet I could substitute a different fruit! My son is allergic to strawberries so I could make two of them!

5 Likes

I bed little mandarin oranges would be good in this. Like a homemade creamsicle!

5 Likes

Oh yummy!!!

5 Likes

I hope they’re good!

5 Likes

Ohhh sounds yummy! :yum: I was really curious about what made them “frosty”- I had guess powdered sugar, but I think the whipped cream makes a much more luxurious “snowfall” for the dish :cloud_with_snow: :star_struck:

Very tasty stuff- thanks so much for sharing the recipe, @Amethyst! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

You’re welcome, love!

4 Likes