Full moon perfect time for a spell

Beautiful full moon tonight and I caught a bird in mid flight

Perfect for a spell :new_moon: :triple_moon_goddess:

14 Likes

Hi I am new here and a bit confused. I live in North Carolina and according to other sites the moon is still in Waxing Gibbous phase. No full moon until the 25th. This contradicts what Spells 8 site says. I don’t know if I should preform Full moon rituals tonight…

16 Likes

Full moon for me, I’m n the uk

15 Likes

Also I took this pic tonight :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I am sure it’s still a full moon and the worm moon on the 25th :slight_smile:

15 Likes

thank you. Its a beautiful pic, but it does seem a tad bit under a full moon. The bottom left still looks like it can be filled out more. I often go by Spells 8, so that’s I was confused as I was reading information about the Worm Moon and other sites saying it was on Monday (25th) for me here in USA. I have resolved to practice tonight as a Waxing Gibbous Moon - it is however at 98%.

15 Likes

Yeah I do agree, still a beautiful night for spell casting

Blessed be :triple_moon_goddess:

15 Likes

Merry meet @daisy6 !

Popping in to welcome you to the forum! I see you got this question cleared up in another post.

I’m Kat and I found the practice 30 years ago but lost my way for a while. I came home a few years ago and found this amazing group of people!! I practice eclectic green magick and am interested in tarot, runes, ogham, herbalism, and moon magic. My deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning) and Hekate, a recent guide in my life.

I’m also in North Carolina by the way, I’m in the triad!

We’re glad to have you here. :purple_heart: Make yourself comfortable, explore, and feel free to ask questions!

:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :hekate_wheel: :ivy_leaf: :crescent_moon:

13 Likes

So nice to meet you Kat! I am figuring out how to find my deities. I currently am most comfortable with dreamwork, tarot, crystals, (I love runes but not as familiar with them yet) and I love herbs and plant healing too. I am in the Asheville area. Thank you for the welcome.

14 Likes

Your right that moon doesn’t seem quite full but it’s very close. I’m still in waxing phase too. Depends where you live.

14 Likes

Beautiful photos btw

14 Likes

Hi, @daisy6! Welcome to the forum!

Waxing Gibbous means it’s almost full. Not sure what’s going on with the site, though. Maybe it’s Loki causing chaos.

Personally, I consider the Full Moon the day before, the day of, and the day after the actual Full Moon. But that’s just me.

15 Likes

Beautiful moon pictures @kirsty4 !

I see a squirrel on the moon. :blush:. At first I thought it was a horse then realized it’s a squirrel.

15 Likes

@daisy6 it does depend on where you live to see the full moon. And as @Amethyst said you can work with the full moon energies the day before, day of and day after! Welcome :hugs::heart:

10 Likes

three days full of wonders for spells
before the full moon the full moon and a day after…
work! :revolving_hearts: :pentagram: :hekate_wheel: :revolving_hearts:

11 Likes

Hi Daisy, welcome! :blush:

I think this was already explored a bit more over in the other full moon discussion ( Is Tonight The Worm Moon? ), but just wanted to add that I also use the 3~ days guideline when it comes to the full moon. Once the moon is within a few percentage degrees of fullness (I’d say 97% for me personally, but others wait until 98 or 99%) the moon appears full to the naked eye and is ripe for full moon magic.

That being said, it really is all about how you perceive it - there’s nothing wrong with diving in to full moon magic when the moon is at 98% full, and there’s nothing wrong with waiting until the exact moment of peak illumination either! To each witch their own :mage: :full_moon_with_face:

Gorgeous pictures, Kirsty - the moon is so beautiful, and I love how you caught the bird mid-flight too! :bird: :laughing: :+1:

Thank you for sharing - blessed full moon! :full_moon_with_face:

7 Likes

hey thank you so much for this insight! I can get a little inside my head about it, for me I liken the energy to as full as possible so 99% -100% is the time i woud most likely practice something…but also the moon magic can enchant me at any time !!! and that’s fun to work with too

7 Likes

Well-said! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Whether we can see her or not, and no matter her current phase, the lovely moon is always up there. She’s always watching over us, meaning that moon magick can be done at any time. Tap into it and enjoy the energies whenever you feel called to do so! :crescent_moon: :blush: :sparkles:

Blessed be, Daisy!

6 Likes