Full Snow Moon Tarot Interpretation - Help!

Hello there! I am still pretty new to tarot so I need still need some help with interpretation. So, here’s my spread that I got:

1. Four of Pentacles
  2. The Magician
  3. Seven of Pentacles
  4. Nine of Wands
  5. The Devil
  6. Ten of Swords

Thoughts?

8 Likes

Hello @The-Lunar-Dove!

I hope you don’t mind that I rehoused your request into a discussion of its own. Requests and questions tend to get buried in the comments of other threads - hopefully this way it can get some more attention! :blush:

While I’m in the school of thought that the diviner/inquirer is the closest to the situation and thus in the best possible place to interpret the cards, I know readings can be tough when we’re just starting tarot studies!

I’d be happy to offer up my personal interpretation of the cards in the hopes that it might help you :handshake: :grinning:

(As reversed was not mentioned, I am assuming that all cards in this reading are upright)

“What is frozen in me?”

The Four of Pentacles can represent clinging onto things, most especially material possessions. To “melt” this card, it may be time to further open up one’s mind, assess anything you are clinging on to, and potentially let it go in the name of positive growth.

“How to thaw the icicles blocking my path?”

The Magician is a powerful major arcana card who has all of the elements and tools they need in front of them. You have everything you need to clear your way forward, you just need to take action. Without action, there is no manifestation.

“What part of me is shining bright?”

The Seven of Pentacles is a big pat on the back- you’ve worked hard, and you deserve to be proud for the effort you’ve put in to get to where you are now!

“What are the dark corners that I need to leave behind?”

The Seven of Pentacles in the prior position says you’ve worked hard to get to where you are, but the Nine of Wands here is telling you that there’s more to come. Be proud of your achievements, but don’t settle here - you need to dig back in and keep going. Don’t fear the road ahead and don’t let yourself give in to temptation or cave in the face of a challenge.

“Lesson to learn from this full moon”

The Devil is a card of free will and often materialism - the inverted pentagram on the card represents putting the material above the spiritual. And we’ve seen that message earlier in the reading with the Four of Pentacles.

Looking at the Seven of Pentacles and Nine of Wands along with the Magician all together, you’ve come a long way on your path, but you really need to step back and access things- what are you holding on to that needs to be let go of? Is it time to reassess your finances and assets? Is there something- like a house, car, bad spending habits, or something else gobbling up funds- that is holding you back? The Magician says you have the tools you need to fix it, you just need to take action.

“Messgae from Selene”

The Ten of Swords is a bit of a yikes card, but I feel like it’s being offered here to shine a light and help you see clearly. Often, the Ten of Swords appears when we feel so victimized by the difficult circumstances or challenges that we essentially pin ourselves down.

I feel Selene is urging you to see this aspect, acknowledge it, and then move beyond it. In this way, it’s a card of gentle light and encouragement to get beyond this point.

Again, these are just the thoughts from an outsider looking in on your cards. Feel free to take them with a grain of salt!

Hope you had a lovely full snow moon :full_moon_with_face:

Blessed be!

7 Likes

Hi there! I agree with Bry in that you have to sit with these results, knowing what each of their basic meanings are and put it all together for a result built just for you. @The-Lunar-Dove, did you have a question in mind or specific purpose for this spread? That will start your interpretation journey right there…… If not, then make sure you start with intent/outcome request in mind prior to performing a spread.

I think overall this is a spread where it leads you down a path of shedding the old, clingy thing or ways and embracing something that you are good at and do well in order to grow, but you must stay the course and not fall back to the old, and when you face challenges, hit them head on. This spread overall is encouragement to do what you know in your heart and mind is the right thing for you even if it means you move forward without something in your comfort zone, or in spite of it. #seizetheday, my friend.
Light and Love, Jan

7 Likes

PS: @The-Lunar-Dove — Just a quick note that if this was just a general spread for the Full Snow Moon, it is my practice experience that the more general the spread intention, the more general in nature the outcome is, so if you want to get more specific details in your spreads, be very specific in your intentions for the spread. :). Xoxo

7 Likes

@The-Lunar-Dove I’m in agreement with @BryWisteria and @jan_TheGreenWitch on this reading.

It definitely appears there is something that you are holding on to that needs to be let go of and left behind. But, yes, you do have everything you need to move forward. You just need to examine your mind and life and figure out what that is that needs to be let go and look at what you have that can help you with that.

7 Likes

Wow what an amazing advice on interpreting your reading, you’ve got sweet @The-Lunar-Dove :hugs: :heart: :snowflake: I am so thrilled that you liked the Full Snow Moon spread my dear. Stay blessed lovely! :sparkles: :pentagram:

5 Likes