Full Strawberry Moon in Capricorn šŸ“ June 2024

Capricorn Moon June 2024

The Full Moon for June is upon us - this month, we are approaching the Strawberry Moon. This month, the Full Strawberry Moon in Capricorn will take place on 2024-06-22T01:07:00Z EST. To check the exact time of the Full Moon in your area, you can use the moon calendar from Astro Seek (click here).

In this post, we will take a moment to explore what a Full Moon is and how the sign of Capricorn might affect the energy of this moon. As usual, there will be links, ideas, and inspiration for spells, rituals, and meditations!

Please note: Some links go to pages specifically for Spells8 members - make sure youā€™re logged in!

What is a Full Moon?

If you need a recap of a Full Moon, click here! šŸŒ•

A full moon happens when the moon is directly opposite the sun from the Earth. This means that the side of the moon facing Earth is fully illuminated by the sun, making it appear as a complete circle of light in the night sky.

As with anything in witchcraft, there are many different beliefs on what type of magick should be done during a Full Moon. Some witches believe banishing should be done. Others believe intentions should be set for manifestations. Still, others (such as myself) believe that the Full Moon is the best time for literally any spell you want because the energy is at its highest.

During the Full Moon, the Triple Goddess becomes the Mother of all beings. Itā€™s a great time to work on intuition, spells of love, and prosperity. The Power of all Magic is truly at its peak, this lunar phase is key to either accept or reject projects, transformations, and manifestations that we initiated during the New Moon. - Spells and Things To Do on a Full Moon | Spells8

The Strawberry Moon

In the Northern Hemisphere, this monthā€™s moon is called the Strawberry Moon as it is the time of year when the strawberries are ready to pick and eat! According to The Old Farmerā€™s Almanac, this moon may also be called the Birth Moon, the Berries Ripening Moon, or Green Corn Moon. When I lived in Florida, this moon was especially important because strawberries are one of Floridaā€™s main crops. There is an entire festival around strawberries ā€“ next time you get strawberries, see if they come from Florida!

Strawberry Full Moon Love Spell (June)

The Southern Hemisphere seasons are opposite the Northern Hemisphere, so the name of the moon for our Southern friends may be different. You may call this the Wolf Moon, the Ice Moon, or the Cold Moon. As always, go with what works for you and your geographical location. You may even want to learn more about the names the Indigenous Peoples of your land gave to the moon, if any!

The Sign of Capricorn

As the tenth sign of the zodiac, Capricorn is represented by the Sea Goat. It is a Cardinal Earth sign and is ruled by the planet Saturn. Capricorns bring about a sense of maturity and wisdom. They are the ā€œold soulā€ of the zodiac with a tendency to be more serious than their fellow signs. Capricorn has the drive to succeed and achieve goals in an efficient manner, focusing on staying organized and reaching the end of their projects. Since they tend to be more serious, they often work well under pressure, reaching the finish line and getting things done. They arenā€™t all seriousness, though, as Capricorns are also very selfless, choosing to lend a hand to those in need whenever they can.

Learn more about Capricorn ā†’ Beginner Astrology - Guide to the Signs by @Cosmic_Curiosity

Magick for the Strawberry Moon

Since the Strawberry Moon comes at a time of fruition, this is a great time to work any magick that is aimed at reaching your goals. The sign of Capricorn adds an extra bit of energy to this particular concept because of the signā€™s drive toward achievement and success. If you are not currently aiming for a goal, the Strawberry Moon is a time to recognize your past achievements. Spend some time in gratitude for what youā€™ve already accomplished and reflect on where you want to go from here.

CafeAstrology writes that the Cancer-Capricorn polarity concerns the balance between the private life versus the public life. This Full Moon is about the balance between our careers and our family, bringing up the need to have a good work/life balance. If you are struggling with that in your life right now, doing a spell to help balance those aspects of your life will be beneficial.

Activities for the Full Strawberry Moon in Capricorn

There are many things you can do for the full moon, but these activities will be enhanced by the specific energy of this Strawberry Moon in Capricorn!

Strawberry Moon Poetry

Embrace the abundance and creative energy from this Strawberry Moon with a poetry session! Use this time to write out your goals and gratitude, giving life and prosperity to what youā€™ve accomplished and what you love. Need inspiration?

Check out this Strawberry Moon Poem written by @NickWick ā†’ šŸ“ Strawberry Full Moon

Create a Prosperity Oil

Gather your tools and craft this simple prosperity oil under the light of the Full Moon! With ingredients like Patchouli and Lavender, itā€™s sure to work wonders when you use it.

Prosperity Oil Recipe: Attract Good Fortune in Abundance!

Make Yummy Strawberry Food!

What better way to celebrate the Strawberry Moon than making food with strawberries?! Besides being absolutely tasty on their own, strawberries make all kinds of delicious desserts. Iā€™m sure you can find something to suit your taste buds here in the forum!

ā†’ Find Tasty Treats :strawberry: || Spells8

Remember, the energy of the Full Moon isnā€™t just for the one day that it reaches its peak. Personally, I give myself a three-day window for the Full Moon: the day before, the day of, and the day after. This works well for my practice and it may work for yours, too!

Do you plan to work with this Full Moon? What are your favorite ways to work with a Full Moon?

Letā€™s hear about it!

14 Likes

Wolf moon sounds fun! Iā€™ll have to think of something to do for it. Maybe just a tarot spread. Hmmā€¦

6 Likes

Gonna have to grab some more strawberries at the store! Theyā€™ve been on sale for the last week or so. Blueberries too! Itā€™s a berry wonderful time of year :blueberries: :strawberry: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for this full moon wisdom, @MeganB - wishing everyone a blessed solstice full moon this week! :heart:

7 Likes

I mean, that fits you perfectly, I think! :tarot_card: If thatā€™s what you do and you decide to share, I canā€™t wait to read all about it! I hope you have a wonderful Full Moon and Solstice!

Yes! I have to buy so many strawberries just on a regular basis because my child eats them like crazy ā€“ weā€™re gonna need more here soon and I literally went grocery shopping yesterdayā€¦ :joy:

6 Likes

:rofl: havenā€™t decided what Iā€™m doing for this. Honestly, Iā€™ve been so focused on the catch-up challenges and now catching up in real life before my SO gets home tomorrow that I havenā€™t thought of much else.:lau This is always a weird time of year for me with fatherā€™s day, my dadā€™s birthday and the anniversary of death all within days of each other. Doesnā€™t help that he cut me out of his life when I was 21.

Anywho, good reminder for me to do good things and have fun! Off for a run and then Iā€™ll look for strawberries at the store on the way home :strawberry: :full_moon:

7 Likes

I also havenā€™t decided what Iā€™m doing :joy: itā€™s the Solstice and itā€™s gonna be hot, but also likeā€¦ I canā€™t remember the last time I actually did anything for my own practice that was meaningfulā€¦ :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

With the full moon coming tomorrow morning, I thought Iā€™d do a quick tarot reading tonight. :black_heart:

Full Moon in Capricorn Tarot Spread

This spread is from: A Full Moon in Capricorn Tarot Spread ā€“ Labyrinthos

How can I expand my ambitions?

The Ace of Swords signifies a moment of clarity and breakthrough. This card tells me that to expand my ambitions, I must confront facts and problems head-on. There may be issues that I have beautified in my mind, seeing them through rose-coloured glasses, but the Ace of Swords advises that these need to be dealt with decisively. I must remember to be honest about where I might be holding back. I need to actively work on solutions rather than avoiding them.

The Ace of Swords symbolises triumph through decisive action, and the sword effortlessly piercing the rose suggests that I possess the strength and capability to cut through any illusions and tackle the issues directly. I will start by setting higher goals, pushing beyond my comfort zone, and demanding more of myself in areas where I have settled for less.

What realities must I face?

The Emperor, in his practical and authoritative stance, highlights the necessity of structure, law, and leadership. This card tells me that I must face the reality of my need for structure and authority.

Perhaps I have been neglecting the practical side of things, focusing too much on creativity and nurturing (the Empress) without the balance of discipline and order (the Emperor). I need to embrace both sides by recognising my potential for leadership and the importance of setting boundaries and creating a stable foundation for my ambitions.

What restricts me?

The King of Rings symbolises power, knowledge, and success. His presence tells me that what restricts me is not external but internal. The King of Rings embodies reliability and a rich understanding of practical matters. The halo of the ring around his head suggests that I possess great potential and practical knowledge, yet something holds me back. This card indicates that my fear of failure or lack of confidence in my abilities may restrict me. Despite my capabilities, I might hesitate to ask the universe for my wildest dreams due to self-doubt. The neem leaves surrounding the King of Rings speak of abundance and potential, reminding me that I have everything I need within me to achieve greatness.

It is time to trust in my instincts, embrace my cooperative nature, and leverage my business sense to overcome these self-imposed limitations.

What have I achieved so far?

The Five of Rings highlights the struggles and challenges I have faced. This card reflects financial and material troubles, struggles, and feelings of rejection or victimhood. The hand surrounded by stinging nettles symbolises the pain and adversity I have endured. However, the eye close to the nettles suggests that I have gained understanding and insight through these hardships. It indicates that my struggles have been self-inflicted to some extent, teaching me valuable lessons along the way.

Despite the struggles, this card acknowledges the heights I have climbed and my resilience. It reminds me that I have achieved much by persevering through tough times and that these experiences have shaped me into a stronger, more capable person.

5 Likes

what does it mean by full moon in capricorn?

i think my partner ordered me my first tarot deck but it hasnā€™t arrived yet. i will have to wait a while longer to start practising with real cards :smile:

5 Likes

I think it means thatā€™s the part of the sky the moon is in when itā€™s full. Since we can kind of split up the sky into sections based on constellations. But Iā€™m not sure. I still have a lot of learning to do with astrology and the like. Maybe one of the more knowledgable witches here can help out with that one. :black_heart:

What if I drew some cards for you and you practised on that? :black_heart:

5 Likes

i see. :smile: thank you

that would be great :smile: but only if itā€™s not too much trouble :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

Itā€™s exactly as @starborn has said! Iā€™m no astrology expert, so keep that in mind with my explanation :laughing: but it means that at the peak of the Full Moon, it will be at a place in the sky that is ruled by Capricorn.

I was trying to find an image that would help explain it but Iā€™m struggling to find one that makes sense. If I do, Iā€™ll pop back in and add it.

If @Cosmic_Curiosity has time, maybe he can help explain :joy:

6 Likes

Here you go. :black_heart:

5 Likes

@MeganB @starborn @ignis

The sky is broken into 12 sectors, each 30ā° wide. Think of a pizza cut into 12 equal slices with the centre being Earth.

Each one is named afer one of 12 constellations, even though the 12 constellations do not perfectly align with the 12 sectors. Some are much bigger (like Virgo) and others are much smaller.

The first is Aries. It begins at the point of the vernal equinox. 30ā° further on is where Taurus begins, 30ā° further again is where Gemini begins and so on. Each sector excerts the energies of the associated sign it is named after.

The Moon moves through each sector as it orbits Earth. Right Now, the Moon is in Capricorn. It is also a full Moon hence we say it is the Full Moon in Capricorn.

The full moon always takes place in sign opposite to the one the sun is in. The Sun is in cancer at the moment, the sign which has its starting point marked by the Summer Solstice.

Hope this makes sense. This diagram show it more visually:

Alan

7 Likes

Thank you because my brain was not working with that explanation :laughing:

5 Likes