Funny, Fantastic and Favorite Flowers! đŸŒș

We were watering the flowers in our half circle out front. It’s between our dinner plate Hibiscus & behind a small bit of daisies. I cant wait for those & our Rose of Sharon to bloom. They are doing really well so far. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Sounds as if you have a marvelous garden!

7 Likes

A flower inside a flower inside a flower- it’s flower Inception! :laughing: That is absolutely gorgeous, @Susurrus- and the picture looks like a professional shot too! :camera_flash: Thanks for sharing your gorgeous blossom and I hope your other upcoming flowers bloom beautifully as well! :hibiscus:

7 Likes

Thank you, I can’t take credit for the photo, my daughter took my phone & started enhancing the flower. She did a great job though! It’s a great way to capture the flower with the water.

7 Likes

Wow- your daughter is a natural, @Siofra! :star_struck: Looks like she’s got a real talent for photography :camera_flash: :blush:

7 Likes

We got this flower as a seedling from my neighbor. It’s a Dahlia. It just started blooming this week & it’s beautiful! I love to sit on my porch & look at it in the sunlight. :two_hearts:

10 Likes

The Dahlia is breathtaking. Thank you for sharing. It could be a desktop background or perfect profile pic. Can I steal it?

7 Likes

That looks like a professional picture! Great job Siofra!

7 Likes

Oh thank you! I actually just cropped it, I didn’t do anything special to it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

You did a great job!

7 Likes

What a stunning Dahlia, @Susurrus! :heart_eyes: And it looks like your daughter isn’t the only one with a talent for photography- you took a really gorgeous shot! :camera_flash:

Thanks so much for sharing :sunflower: :two_hearts:

7 Likes

I know this isn’t a “flower”, but look what happened when we were shucking corn

3 for the price of 1

11 Likes

Wow. I’ve never seen anything like that. Weird.

6 Likes

Neither have we! It was neat! I had to share. :joy:

6 Likes

It has babies. :blush:

7 Likes

These are Japanese Radiata White Egrit Orchid. They really are stunning!

Also @BryWisteria the Dragon Skull Flowers are what happens when they die. When living they’re called Snapdragons and they’re really beautiful flowers that come in many different colors. I came across some on my outings and fell in love with them last summer. I also have a tendency to fall in love with all the types of wildflowers too!

These are the Snapdragons while alive

Also I don’t have a garden of my own at this time so these images were taken from google.

10 Likes

You got some bonus corn, @Susurrus! :joy::corn: :corn::corn: I’ve never seen that before either- it’s wild! I imagine it would make a good offering if you decided not to eat it. It could definitely be a sign of abundance, fertility, and/or prosperity! :blush:

Oh my goodness that orchid is so beautiful, @jessika! :heart_eyes: And I had no idea the dragon skulls came from snap dragons- it seems that one beautiful flower transforms into something else interesting. Thanks for sharing your floral wisdom! :hibiscus: :blush:

6 Likes

Wow that’s pretty cool!

6 Likes

I had no idea they came from snapdragons!!! I love those plants but was never able to catch any by the time they rotted. Thanks for this info!!! :blush::revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Look at this one :sweat_smile:

Doesn’t it remind you of a witch hat???

Sourced from:

9 Likes