Funny, Fantastic and Favorite Flowers! šŸŒŗ

Continuing the discussion from Adam and Eve Orchid, after sharing about the funny Monkey Face Orchid :monkey_face: :hibiscus:, it got me thinkingā€¦

There are so many funny, fantastic, and all-around fabulous flowers out there! :star_struck:

One of my all-time favorite flowers is Fuscia aka The Ballerina Plant! :ballet_shoes:

[Pic from Plant Care Today]

They come in various colors and shapes, but the flowers look like little dancing fairy ballerinas :heart_eyes:

:blossom: Do you have a favorite flower- wild, crazy, or cute? :cherry_blossom:

Whether itā€™s in your garden or something you stumble upon online (in which case, please add a link back to the site so everyone can learn more!), if you come across a particularly interesting-looking plant, feel free to share it here :raised_hands:

Cheers to all the Green Witches and flower lovers! :green_heart: :dancer::sunflower:

22 Likes

Travel Witch,
One of my favorite plants that I would like to get is this Echinacea! It is also known as a cone flower!

I see the heart of the flower bursting up! ā€œI am centeredā€

Jeannie

14 Likes

The naked man orchid
Hookerā€™s Lips
The Dragonā€™s Skull

These are all my favorites!!! :joy:
Oops sorry, these were all taken from Google.

19 Likes

I fully expect those Hookerā€™s Lips to start singing Sweet Transvestite or something. LOL!

13 Likes

:laughing::joy: hahaha yeah I can imagine that!!!

10 Likes

Swaddled Babies

How it got its name: Regain some of your innocence with this adorable tulip orchid variety that really does look like a group of little, swaddled newborns. ā€œWrappedā€ in white petals, a little ā€œbabyā€™s faceā€ peeks through the blanket, making this bloom compete for one of the cutest things weā€™ve ever seen, right up there with baby raccoons.

Funny & Unique Flowers

15 Likes

Ohhhhh! My mother has purple Echinacea in her gardens- itā€™s such a great flower, and it has medicinal properties too! Itā€™s a great plant for Fighting/Preventing Illness as well :muscle:

Iā€™ve seen pictures of the Naked Man Orchid before- what a funny flower! :joy: And the Hookerā€™s Lips too- but ohhhh Iā€™d never heard of the Dragonā€™s Skull plant before- what a interesting find! :skull: :dragon:

Oh my goodness Amethyst :rofl:

Theyā€™re so cute!!! :heart_eyes: I can absolutely see how the flowers look like little bundled-up babies :baby: These are just adorable! :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Thereā€™s a flower park I always wanted to go in Japan called the Ashikaga Flower Park- it specializes in Japanese Wisteria! :purple_heart:

[Pic from Japan Today]

Unlike American Wisteria, Japanese/Chinese Wisteria is extremely fragrant. Itā€™s also highly invasive and will take over the garden! While this may be most gardenerā€™s nightmare, the Ashikaga Park allows it to expand and grow under careful maintenance :scissors:

You can go to the park at night and walk through tunnels of fragrant, purple blossoms illuminated by the lights- itā€™s like a fairytale come true! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

Travel Witch
That sounds so enchanting and mystical! I would not mind to travel there!
Jeannie

7 Likes

That looks so beautiful :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Aw how cute!!!

6 Likes

Christina,
I never seen these extravagant plants, the skull :skull: looks like a real human skull!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Either that or Feed Me, Seymour! Feed me! LOL!

Gosh, that looks pretty! I canā€™t even imagine walking through there. Wonderful!

7 Likes

Hahaha Amethyst you and these flowers could do stand-up comedy together :rofl: :hibiscus: :studio_microphone:

And same- would love to go there someday! Japan has many flower parks (and in spring the whole country is all about cherry blossoms :cherry_blossom: ) but Iā€™ve always found the Wisteria in particular to be mesmerizing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you, thank you! Donā€™t forget to tip your waiter!

LOL!

I like wisteria because itā€™s all purple! Hee!

7 Likes

Here you go! :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :joy:

And cheers to that- itā€™s a beautiful purple color! :purple_heart: :blush:

5 Likes

There was some big flower news here in Warsaw the other day- the Warsaw University Botanic Garden got a very rare flower that only blooms for a few days! :astonished:

We saw videos on the news- the line was out the door of the greenhouse, through the university, and down the street. A huge line- people waited for HOURS to see this flower!

Here it isā€¦

[Pic from AP News: Endangered Corpse Flower Blooms in Warsaw]

The flower is the Sumatran Titan arum- an endangered flower that is absolutely massive. But it also goes by another name: ā€œthe Corpse Flowerā€. This is because it emits a smell like rotting meat and stinks likeā€¦ well, corpses :nauseated_face:

Itā€™s a pretty neat flower, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be waiting on the street for hours to go in and smell it for myself! :laughing:

10 Likes

I think Iā€™ve read a very bad fan fic with a flower like that. LOL! Nice that people are excited, but this is one time when a picture is better than the actual thing! At least I think so. Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

I have heard of that flower before! I want to say there was one in the US before & thatā€™s how I learned about it. People do line up to see & smell it. I wouldnā€™t be one of them either though.

5 Likes

Travel Witch,
Gee I wonder why the

Blockquote

the flower is endangered and possibly no one wants to smell it! That is too bad! :open_mouth:
Jeannie

6 Likes