Funny, Fantastic and Favorite Flowers! 🌺

It has babies. :blush:

7 Likes

These are Japanese Radiata White Egrit Orchid. They really are stunning!

Also @BryWisteria the Dragon Skull Flowers are what happens when they die. When living they’re called Snapdragons and they’re really beautiful flowers that come in many different colors. I came across some on my outings and fell in love with them last summer. I also have a tendency to fall in love with all the types of wildflowers too!

These are the Snapdragons while alive

Also I don’t have a garden of my own at this time so these images were taken from google.

10 Likes

You got some bonus corn, @Susurrus! :joy::corn: :corn::corn: I’ve never seen that before either- it’s wild! I imagine it would make a good offering if you decided not to eat it. It could definitely be a sign of abundance, fertility, and/or prosperity! :blush:

Oh my goodness that orchid is so beautiful, @jessika! :heart_eyes: And I had no idea the dragon skulls came from snap dragons- it seems that one beautiful flower transforms into something else interesting. Thanks for sharing your floral wisdom! :hibiscus: :blush:

6 Likes

Wow that’s pretty cool!

6 Likes

I had no idea they came from snapdragons!!! I love those plants but was never able to catch any by the time they rotted. Thanks for this info!!! :blush::revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Look at this one :sweat_smile:

Doesn’t it remind you of a witch hat???

Sourced from:

9 Likes

A stinky witch hat. :grin:

6 Likes

Oh yeah, not going on or anywhere near my head!!! :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Looks like a Phoenix. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

@christina4 was my first impression when I saw it, a witch hat. :laughing:

6 Likes

If anyone knows what these are I saw them in the Rocky Mountains outside of Denver a couple of years ago and have been unable to identify them.

9 Likes

YES- that’s amazing!!! :heart_eyes: It really does look a witch hat, I would be shocked if I ever came across that in the woods :joy: Nature really is creative!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like them, @SharonD :astonished: Are those little white parts the seeds? Or are they about to bloom? Tough to tell but they are wild to see- thanks for sharing! :star_struck:

You could always try to run them through a plant identifier app (Seek, iNaturalist, and Picture This are often recommended here in the forum)- maybe there’s something similar in the database that could give you an answer! :pray:

7 Likes

They remind me of Super Mushroom :mushroom: from Mario :joy:

8 Likes

I didn’t know corpse flower was endangered! That’s great that they were able to care for one so well.

6 Likes

It certainly drew quite the crowd of flower enthusiasts to see it! :blush:

I think such situations are win-win: an endangered plant was rescued and lots of locals got to go see it (and smell it! lol) for themselves :+1:

4 Likes

This just bloomed today in my flower bed…I think its called Turks-cap, its a cool Lily!

I’m growing Marigolds too!

Had my biggest harvest yet yesterday…45 Blooms! so Awesome! :tulip:

Nature is magick all by itself :smiley:

9 Likes

Beautiful flowers. I agree nature is magic

6 Likes

Beautiful flowers! You’ve got a real green thumb!

5 Likes

Thank you @crystal24 and @Amethyst!

I have a lot of plans for the marigolds of course. Oil for one! I’ve grown a lot of things this season and the marigolds have done the best.
:seedling:I wish my Echincea and Chamomile knew my thumbs were green! LOL They have not done as well :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Maybe next year they will get the memo lol.

6 Likes