Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars

Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars

active: 20 mins
total: 20 mins
Yield: Serves 16 (serving size: 1 bar)

Ingredients:

Gingersnap Crust

Cooking spray
1 ½ cups crushed gingersnaps (from about 30 cookies [6 1/2 oz.]) (such as Murray)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
⅛ teaspoon kosher salt

Cheesecake Filling

1 pound cream cheese, softened
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons unsulphured dark molasses
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves

Directions:

Step 1

Prepare the Gingersnap Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with aluminum foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides. Evenly coat the foil with cooking spray. Stir together crushed gingersnaps, butter, brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Freeze for 10 minutes. Place the baking dish on a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven until the crust is fragrant and set, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer the baking dish to a wire rack; let the crust cool completely, for about 45 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.

Step 2

Prepare the Cheesecake Filling: Beat cream cheese, brown sugar, and sour cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add vanilla; beat until just combined, about 30 seconds. Reduce mixer speed to low; add eggs 1 at a time, beating until just incorporated, about 1 minute, stopping to scrape down sides of the bowl as needed and being careful to not overbeat. Measure 1/2 cup mixture into a small bowl, and set aside.

Step 3

Using a rubber spatula, fold molasses, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves into the remaining cream cheese mixture in a large bowl until molasses is fully incorporated. Pour into prepared crust. Dollop with reserved cream cheese mixture in the small bowl; stir the top layer gently using a knife to create desired swirled design. Bake at 325°F until filling edges are set and center jiggles, 35 to 40 minutes.

Step 4

Remove from oven, and place on a wire rack. Let cool to room temperature, for about 1 hour. Cover and chill until set, about 4 hours. Remove the cheesecake from the baking dish using aluminum foil overhang. Cut into 16 bars. Serve. Bars may be covered in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Recipe courtesy of My Recipes.

4 Likes

Should my daughter wake up… I know she loves cheesecake around this time of year, but I will have to ask her how she feels about gingerbread with it… right now I can’t remember if she likes gingerbread or anything :thinking: I know she has made gingerbread ornaments in the past & has loved :heart: the way they smelled, so I will have to find out if this is something she would like to do. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

It looks really easy and tasty too! I hope she likes it.

3 Likes

Ohhhh gingerbread- I’d never turn it down, but it’s especially perfect at this time of year! All those warm spices yum yum :drooling_face: :two_hearts:

Can’t say I’ve ever had a gingerbread cheesecake before- what a fun idea, @Amethyst! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! :heart::sparkles:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! The bars are really pretty looking in the picture, almost too pretty to eat. Almost. LOL!

3 Likes

I’m making a note to remind myself to ask her about the gingerbread… do you think I remembered when I saw her… NO! :fish: Dory - Just Keep Swimming :fish:

3 Likes

LOL! I like your Dory impression!

3 Likes