God the creator

@AileyGrey , I truely believe that God created all of us and we are all his children, as a mother, i can say that no matter what I live my children where they are no matter thier beliefs, jobs, etc. I don’t believe that any God/Goddess will cast out thier children based on a religion especily if ye harm none. Blesses be.

8 Likes

I agree! I just had to work a little bit to get there!

7 Likes

@kim7
I tried to just worship Goddess but my catholic upbringing kept raising up its ugly head and my guilt about God was a nagging issue.
Finally I compromised and now I’m more comfortable with Goddess and her consort.
Garnet

7 Likes

Thank you so much!

Blessed be!

5 Likes

@kim7 Well said. Your views are mostly what I believe.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing your journey and feelings! You’re not alone. I’m sure there are many others who feel the same or in a similar way and they may be hesitant to say so as well. We’re all a work in progress. It’s been a little while since I’ve called myself christian and it took some time to internally accept that. But I believe that our faith/practice/spirit meets you where you are. There was a point that I knew, I just knew I was on the right path. Wasn’t because someone told I was or something I read. And I know I don’t get everything right all the time but being open and accepting of all possibilities has made my pivot so much more easy. Like you said, it takes time and I believe time is guiding you well

8 Likes

@kim7
It isn’t so much as choosing a Goddess or God, but after 50 years of indoctrination in Christianity, I’m still plagued with a sense of ‘Bible Guilt’. I will always have to deal with the guilt of fearing that by rising my Goddess into actual Deity status, the heavens will prosecute me for denying God. But my intent was not the obliteration of God, as more, the acknowledgment and reinstatement of Goddess. Goddess was lost thousands of years ago, she disappeared from biblical text sometime in the old testament?).
As human beings, we need an explanation for… everything. Whether it is The Christian God, Allah, Buddha, Krishna, or Goddess, it doesn’t matter what you believe in, just believe in something!
Without writing a book, I’m going to stop here.

Blessed be.
Garnet

9 Likes

I personally choose to honor the Source that is not so much a who as it is energy and non binary manifesting in our world in many different forms - the Mother, Father and Sun - daughters of the harvest and angels. The source speaks through our ancestors and our chosen deities and as I study more about comparative religion, they are all the same as much as they appear different - they are in alignment back to the beginning of our worship and thoughts about the other world(s). As much as we are all so very different with our cultures, ultimately I believe we, at our core are made the same in the image of all of our same “Source”.

……until I figure out anything else, that is where I currently am in my belief journey and it took me decades to get here comfortably. :wind_face: :earth_americas:

10 Likes

I agree, @jan_TheGreenWitch
I believe this too, one source (creator of all that is) guiding and speaking to us in many different forms!

8 Likes

Wow, I find your post very interesting!!

When I started my path in witchcraft, at first I had doubts.
I was raised as a Catholic Christian. I have been in religious schools all my life, but I always knew within myself that if we have a God, we must have a Goddess or a female representation of him. Since I was little I had a slight obsession with ancient mythologies such as the Greek, the Egyptian and the Nordic, and a great love for the entire Celtic culture. With adolescence and rebellion Gaia came into my life and that’s where my path with her began, but I always felt some guilt and that fear for your soul that those who do not understand what this lifestyle is about try to put you. Over time I learned to reconcile the religion my grandparents taught me with my magical path. I don’t think these beliefs are incompatible. There are many parts of the path that are consistent with the Catholic religion, such as not harming anyone, respecting others, and respecting the environment in which we live. Or at least that’s the way I see it :blush:

8 Likes

@marsha i love your answer.

@amara my husband said it best when my dad said i was going to burn in hell for being a witch.

My husband, who is a good ole southern Christian man, said “God made magik. And magik is everywhere and in everything. Its in the plants, trees, air. Even in love. And God is perfect and makes no mistakes. So im perfect exactly as i am. God made me the way i am”.

I hope this helps u. I was raised Pentacostal, and my dad is a deacon. And i was born a witch. My parents knew i had gifts, but those gifts were perceived as evil and from the devil. But now as an adult and bc of my husband im able to accept all of myself.

U can call upon God in your practice. Many of us, myself included, even call upon angels when needed. Ive called upon Michael, Raphael, and Uriel.

10 Likes

@amara im a daughter of Hekate. I have a youtube video that might help u, if u want it. Just hit me up

7 Likes

So grateful for supportive husbands! Mine thinks it’s all silly but he listens as I verbally process what I am going through. And that takes the ultimate gift of patience because I am spastic, wired, and a hot mess.

I was in the process of getting rid of all my Nativity sets because I don’t think they represent Jesus accurately in any way. I still love Jesus, but my Jesus isn’t the Jesus of the Bible. He is a Palestinian Jew and was not born in the winter. Anyway, I have a plain white set that my Mom made years ago.

He said to me, “Keep that one. That way you can represent Jesus and have others see Him the way they see Him, or not see Him at all.”

Profound for a guy who is a jokester, a trickster, and legally blind.

I said all that to say this: if we have a supportive spouse that is something to celebrate!

9 Likes

I always felt that there was something more. I recently got smacked on FB for posting something that gave a list of things to help you realize if you were born a witch. I checked all the boxes and am happy about it, but a young Christian lady didn’t like my post. I’m not brave enough to challenge that right now so I took the post down. That didn’t make me happy at all. I felt like I wasn’t telling the truth.

I believe there has to be a feminine side of the creator, if we were made in their image, so that means to me that there is a God and there is a Goddess. I have felt very empowered in my life since I recognized my own belief and others have pointed out the change they see in me.

My beliefs are evolving. I still get that Bible guilt because I have been a practicing Christian all my life but the patriarchy made no sense to me. It looked like everyone but Jesus put women down.

Right now I see the deities as partners to us. Someone who has experienced what we go through and call on us to help us grow in different areas. Maybe I’m trying to justify the relationships I am building with them from a Christian standpoint but I definitely think they know more than I do and are willing to help me grow. I am working with Lilith right now. I struggled for a long time because I thought She was evil but I no longer believe that. She brings out the Goddess in all of us and raises us to a higher version of ourselves.

My 15 year old grandson thinks God has no gender.

He is evolving as well. I raised him Christian and he chose to be baptized in the UMC faith, but neither of us identify Christian anymore. I am Pagan and he is searching. We are still active in our church because we love Jesus and our church family. We just feel like we have to keep the bigger part of ourselves hidden.

Maybe I will allow the Goddess to empower me so I can stand up. I think this is what Lilith is trying to develop in me.

Sorry for the rant. But I am thankful for this forum. And I am very happy in my current practice.

Blessed be!

10 Likes

@kim7 yes a supportive spouse/partner is amazing. Shoot he’s even the one who started me on my path. He found a stack of witchcraft books in a shed and brought them home and was like “ha ha now u reallh can be a witch” nor really thinking i would read them. When i did something inside of me just clicked and i had to learn more.

As for your nativities, i get it. I have a smoked out glass one that i have. And i mean around my house there are crosses and such. Along with my upside down brooms and crystals and such. We just found a way to make it work. My hubby is super supportive and has even asked me to cast a few times. And he screams for his pain away oil. Lol

7 Likes

My answer is a little simple. I don’t think the Christian God would have any issues with magick and magick practitioners. Magick comes from within us and the natural world, not from demons or the Devil. As long as we are not hurting ourselves or others, I can’t see the Christian God having any issues.

On a side note, it’s funny how my religion teacher in Catholic high school CONSTANTLY stressed to us how the priest transubstantiating the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ is not magick, how miracles are not magick, how prayer is not magick, how the Rosary or your Cross and Crucifix necklaces are not magickal talismans. Looking back on it, it DOES sound like magick, just worded differently.

10 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs youve got one smart husband! Love his take on things!!

7 Likes

@AileyGrey hes definitely one of a kind.

6 Likes