God the creator

Yes! Those are definitely fair points! I was raised Catholic so not really fire and brimstone, but still with a fair amount of judgement. I, too, have an eclectic belief system (and I always have). I see many things in many religions as right and good. I take what serves me and let the rest go.

11 Likes

Hahaha! Thank you for stating this, it’s what I was trying to say buy couldn’t come up with the words so went on a rambling excursion trying to explain it :rofl:

12 Likes

Rambling excursions are my favorite!!

8 Likes

Oh then we’ll get along just fine… I go on them from time to time… really depends on the time of day :joy: & coffee :coffee: intake in any of the morning hours :rofl:

Sometimes they just are my thoughts being made public really… gotta reel that in sometimes :grin:

9 Likes

I totally understand. Coffee consumption is directly related to thought clarity!

11 Likes

I believe in one God who has revealed himself in 3 forms. The Bible is a powerful resource that helps me understand. But I also believe it is spoken in mystery and purposefully complex and unknowable is He. However, a clue is given…The Bible explains that nature itself reveals God. This is why crystals, herbs, the Moon, the Sun, the planets, all things in nature are so amazing and wonderful and connect me to God. Any magic, tarot, divination, meditation, ritual that I do is time and energy I spend bringing myself into alignment with God and my beliefs and values. It’s my way of keeping myself under subjection so that how I act, speak, live, love, etc… reflects all of whom I want to be and whom I claim to be. If you ask me if I obey every scripture in the Bible, my immediate response is a resounding NO. The Bible provides the amazing perfection of an all powerful God whom I cannot begin to fully comprehend and reflects how incredibly not perfect I am and yet how I am so perfectly loved by my creator. It reminds me how I was made perfectly in all my imperfections. It is the foundation of my faith (not religion). I do not follow a particular religion. My rituals, meditation, divination and magic are an amalgamation of ideas and information from groups and sites like this, Bible verses, guidance, prayers, Catholic prayers, angels, etc… I by all means have developed into a most eclectic spiritual person. I am not religious. I believe and am whom I am because of my experiences. No human can convince me to not believe what I believe because it would be like trying to convince me that there is no Sun. Likewise I do not try to convince anyone to believe what I believe for 2 reasons. 1. Unlike the Sun that I can prove to anyone in any given 24 hour period does exist, I do not have an on-demand capability to manifest evidence of that magnitude for skeptics. 2. I don’t “cast my pearls before swine”. My experiences are precious to me (more precious than pearls) and I will not reveal or share them with others who would just stomp on them and discredit them with their unbelief. If someone wants to know … yes I would share, but I would have to know they are receptive to hear.

I believe Lucifer and the fallen angels exist. I believe they actively seek to cause harm to whom they “can”. I firmly believe I am in the “whom they can’t” bucket and tread carefully to avoid any interaction. Play with fire… get burned is my motto on that one.

I do truly LOVE to hear what others believe. My eclectic faith has only been made possible because of my openness to gather others’ pearls and cherish them! So I love the open conversation in this thread! How blessed I am to get to know you all!

10 Likes

@BeccaAnn that is a great response & well conveyed. I fall into that category, I believe what I believe because of my own personal experiences & knowledge I have acquired. No one else has lived the life I have so I can’t expect them to align with everything I do, say, or practice. I like the word faith, I believe I am very eclectic also because even reading through the posts here, I connect to things a bit differently or my connections aren’t the same as others are & my connections may not make sense to others. What matter is that they make sense to me though.

Side Note: For personal sharing of experiences or the like, please use the A Sacred Space category as only logged-in members can interact & see what is in that category. The other categories will show up in an internet search & can be read but not commented on.

8 Likes

@Susurrus … thanks for explaining about the categories and A Sacred Space and thanks for your kind response. It’s scary for me to share about myself and your acceptance means a lot.

9 Likes

I am with @marsha on this one and i too understand as i was raised a Christian only to revert to Islam as a Muslim when i was 15-now. Both my religions told me and tell us that witches and witchcraft is a sin, however, if you pay lose attention individuals such as priests and in our case sheiks use divination through the holy books as a form of predicting futures etc. Also it is very common people who are Muslim also wear turquoise, agate, ruby and other precious stones and believe too they each have their own unique energies.
Its all about how you view witches and witchcraft as @amara . As for me for example having deities is considered a sin, so i worship God as the one and only, and my deities Hekate, Cennunnos and Gaia are my role models and direction in life. This is not to say i consider them any less of a ‘god’, however i tend to respect and ‘worship’ them in a sense that to me is not a sin.
So i guess God can be a deity if deities can be Gods… :heartpulse:

9 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to write this out. I get where you are coming from as i too have had a lot of changes happen to me recently, however in my situation i have chosen not to let go of my religion not as a result of pressure but i have found a way i can incorporate both my craft and my religion together. Now i many get people saying hey you can’t do that but guess what, i can and i will as i believe we can chose how we want to follow our paths regardless of other’s opinions. For example Muslims say you can’t drink alcohol, go clubbing, take drugs not wear a scarf and have sex before marriage, however i see Muslims do this on a daily basis same as i see others following the religion strictly and others who are in between (me).
So live your best self and only do what is right for you hun :heartpulse:

11 Likes

Well said thank you :heartpulse:

8 Likes

All i need is a book now that is called 'how to be Muslim and a witch"! My god this would cause quite a lot of chaos in the Muslim world… I proudly wear my scarf as a Muslim and also proudly wear my little badges on my backpack which is usually with me when i’m out (as i ride a motorbike) with 12 plus badges supporting witch craft, not to mention the different types of crystals and different incense i smell like lol (once a good fortune oil mix spilt in my backpack and boy everyone in the shopping centre could smell me lol) it was a blend of bergamot and basil essential oils… :woman_facepalming: :laughing: :blush:

9 Likes

My question exactly :pray: how is God ur deity and other God’s a role model, and how do you keep equal relationship with them without having to belittle any

9 Likes

@AileyGrey
No matter what I think we should look at this from both side of view
Between the light and dark as said, aren’t witches supposed to be the both
If a working witch is ask to put a curse on someone, won’t she?
Isn’t that really the work of a witch,

6 Likes

I’m not going to say that there aren’t witches who put curses on people because there are, however, I am not one of them. I do not practice anything that will cause harm to me or others.

I think you are taking the “work of a witch” out of a different context maybe? There are witches that follow their own morals & ethics. For the most part, harmful & baneful magic isn’t something that all witches engage in for themselves or others for whatever their reasons are & maybe a different type of witchcraft. I do not know enough about hoodoo, voodoo, or black magic so I wouldn’t be a good resource in that respect. I can’t speak about what I don’t understand or haven’t otherwise encountered in my own life or practice. I do want to learn about it, but as of right now, I am not knowledgeable about it & I wouldn’t use it, but learning about something is just so I can understand the types & their differences.

I’m not someone that would do something to cause harm to another person for any reason whether asked or not the answer would be a resounding no from me. Those types of things are based on the individual practitioner not “witches’ work”.

Balancing the light & dark aspects of ourselves is going to be different for everyone. I practice mindfulness & awareness with myself & have worked on the dark to balance out the light… for me & my practice & what makes sense to me & feels right.

10 Likes

@Susurrus
Thanks love I really understand better now, is just I had this argument on a Facebook page and decided to take different views from everyone

9 Likes

I don’t think so.

7 Likes

I love the way you explained this!

7 Likes

Well in all complete honesty, no matter how hard a person tries keeping it completely 100% equal will never happen even for the best of us. Why? Because we humans make mistakes too and are not 100% perfect ourselves even if we want to believe we are. Just like children for example, we will try to treat all our kids will the same equality but somewhere where along the lines whether it be an extra bag of chips for one or an extra birthday present for another inequality will happen. This is not to say stop trying, no, because we humans strive for perfection, but it just means do the best to your ability to keep it equal but don’t get too upset if you can’t.
Also sometimes we may need one God or deity more than another at a certain point in our lives. For example when i feel lack in my physical relationship i call to the horned god but rather when i need help for a deceased living relative i call to Hekate… Same goes for Gaia sometimes when i need that extra energy boost i call to Gaia (obviously i also return something back to the deities for their help and to show respect). and my God (Allah) i will call to him when i am in complete heartbreak and am doing in a down spiral. It comes natural to me who ill speak to it just depends on the situation :heartpulse:

9 Likes

@kim7 , Thank you for sharing. I come from an LDS background and have found more peace in my daily meditations and in the craft. One thing I was taught in church was if it feels right and the spirit gives you that warm peaceful feeling it comes from God. That helped lead me to this path as I feel at peace and connecting with the Lord and Lady. I also have rejected the notion of Hell and the devil and believe there is positive and negative energy in all things- ying and yang-. You, my friend are definatley not alone. Blessed be.

8 Likes