Goddess calling out to me

Hello all, I have really been learning a lot from all of the video courses on this site. Since the moon is in Gemini today, I started the moon course with all the different zodiacs on the meditation of the moon in Gemini.

I thoroughly enjoyed the meditation and felt a great deal of energy and like I was actually experiencing another world through my third eye which I was hoping for, but was kind of skeptical at first because I havent meditated much.

In other posts on here about dieties reaching out to people I was told to watch signs that I’m being reached out to by different dieties so I have been trying to do that.

Well during the meditaton when the tein butterflies took me to the other world, the being whose eyes I was looking in was definitely a crow, then the crow turned into a woman who felt like a goddess with powerful devine femanine energy so I knew it wasn’t Odin or any of the other Gods associated with crows.

At first I was thinking it was The Morrigan because she is the only goddess I know of associated with crows, but I looked up crow goddess and saw she was associated with death and war and the goddess I saw felt peaceful and enveloped in light. Another Goddess that came up when I researched crow goddess was obe named Amaterasu who is a Japanese goddess of the heavens who is a light bringer.

The thing is, I know like nothing about Japanese Mythology and I myself have no Japanese in me so I was unsure if a Japanese diety could possibly be reaching out to me. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to which of the 2 coukd be reaching out to me, if either are, or if maybe a different one is.

15 Likes

That sounds like a beautiful and exciting experience :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The only prerequisite to meeting these wonderful divine consciousnesses is an open heart. :hugs: :heart:

A crow… my first go-to would be Morrigan too. As to Amaterasu, I mostly just know that she’s the Japanese sun goddess. @BryWisteria might be able to tell more about her, having stayed in Japan for a while and visited several Shinto shrines there :blush: :sun:

14 Likes

Morrígan: Goddess Offerings, Signs, Symbols & Myth – Spells8 I would definitely look into the Morrigan here on Spells8 I personally don’t work with her or have had any encounters with her, maybe someone with more experience can help you with this! I hope you can figure this out and have a great journey with them!

14 Likes

The Morrigan is not all death & war & certainly not in the literal sense either. She is associated with many things & is very empowering to help you come to a peace within yourself.

It could very well be The Morrigan, she is highly associated with Crows/Ravens, Empowerment, Transformation, Letting Go & Starting New… as well as Battles, Battlefields, Prophecy, Sovereignty… she is very mulit faceted & a very strong Goddess.

I do not know much about Japanese mythology myself.

Brighid does have an association with Ravens/Crows as well as Swans. Sunlight & is said to have had rays sunlight from her head as a if wearing them as a crown. So that may be someone to look into also.

11 Likes

That sounds like such a cool experience! You’ve gotten a lot of great information so far. I don’t really work with any deities, But I bet if you stay open and pay attention, you’ll know exactly who’s reaching out to you soon! Good luck!

11 Likes

@Susurrus That is very interesting about The Morrigan, I definitely did not know all of that but it does soubd like someone I coukd learn from because I am often not at peace within myself and I have a dark past that I’m trying to step away from and get a new start.

Something else you said interests me too though. You said Brighid has a crown like rays of sun coming from her head. That is actually something i remember about the being I saw. When it was a woman she had a sun like crown on her head. Its very possible that both goddesses are trying to send me a message. Thank you for your insight. I will definitely do more research.

9 Likes

You’re welcome :blush:

The Morrigan now those battles would more be within yourself, like Shadow Work & overconing those types of things. Fighting you’re own battles to transform into something stronger.

Brighid also has a similar association with her. She is a Goddess of healing, poetry, smithwork… transformation. Much like like the smithwork of the past using an anvil, forge, hammer to transform one to another. She also has associations with battle & death & is said to have started keening in Ireland, a screeching over the battlefield grieving the death of her son.

They are similar & different. Both are within the same pantheon of the Tuatha de Danaan, while Brighid is more known to have an orange-red hair, the Morrigan has red hair & eyebrows. Both are 1 of 3 sisters, Brighid is 1 or 3 of the same name. The Morrigan can be 1 by herself or 3, but each sister has their own name & association who can also be worked with separate from each other… (It’s a lot to take in & untangle at times :laughing:)

For simplicity right now it could be Brighid or The Morrigan. I would look into them from a reliable source, Pagan Portals have some good information on both. Each of their 1st books (Introductions) are written by Morgan Daimler, who works with both (as I do) & is a great place to start for learning about each of them. It sounds like you may want to start with:

Pagan Portals: Brigid Meeting the Celtic Goddess of Poetry, Forge, & Healing Well By: Morgan Daimler
Pagan Portals: The Morrigan Meeting the Great Queens By: Morgan Daimler

10 Likes

@Susurrus I have done poetry since I was quite young and I love helping others and doing what I can to make them feel better.

Also, I will definitely look into the resources you shared. Thank you so much!

10 Likes

Ooo! Definitely start with Brighid :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Hello @patricia2,

How exciting! It sounds like you are well on your way to connecting with a deity :heart:

While I don’t identify as a practitioner of Shinto, like Celestia said, I have spent a good deal of time in Japan (and at Buddhist and Shinto shrines)- I can attest that you’re both right on about Amaterasu! She is a Japanese Shinto Goddess associated with the sun and the Japanese Imperial family (who are believed by some to be direct descendants of Her) :sun:

When it comes to Shinto deities, you’ll find opposing opinions (especially around the web) about whether or not They can/should be revered outside of Japan, as unlike Buddhism or other international regions that have been actively spread across continents and adapted to other cultures, Shinto is very deeply ingrained in Japanese culture and geography.

That being said, there are official Shinto shrines outside of Japan and there are Japanese people, people of Japanese descent, and non-Japanese people who worship Shinto deities and/or identify with the religion while living outside of Japan.

If you do feel called towards Amaterasu, I would recommend reaching out to those who do identify as Shinto and learning as much as you can about Her directly from Shinto sources. If going to Japan yourself isn’t an option, perhaps there is a Shinto shrine you could visit nearby. There are also wonderful virtual shrine visits on YouTube that you can watch too! :shinto_shrine:

Here is Ise Shrine- a famous Shinto shrine dedicated to the Goddess Amaterasu.

Wishing you all the best as you meet and connect with your Goddess (whoever She may be!)- blessed be, Patricia! :sparkles:

10 Likes

It’s been my experience (not personally, just things I’ve read from others) that both goddesses tend to work together :joy: so that wouldn’t surprise me at all!

9 Likes

@patricia2 I am currently researching Brigid. I feel a pull towards her. I just bought the Pagan Portals book on her! We can learn together :heart: :blush::purple_heart:

10 Likes

@MeganB… they have both tagged teamed me in the recent past & theoughout the last year more than once :rofl:

9 Likes