Goetia Magick Spirit Evocation

solomons_20pentagram_original
:black_heart: :black_heart: Has someone here ever known about Goetia Magick?:black_heart: :black_heart:

Yesterday I found on google some pdf’s and I got curious about it. Right now I’m reading about the evocation of 72 angels from Kaballah that is part of their study material. What I’m enjoying about Goetia is that you can create an appropriate environment to spell casts. They say that evil spirits could interfere the spell cast or even a tarot reading. I think this makes a lot of sense what you guys think about it?

3 Likes

Yes, it definitely makes sense. It’s a big deal in Ceremonial or High Magic and it can be used for casting spells and other rituals if that’s your cup of tea.

The classic book for the Goetia is The Lesser Key of Solomon, here’s a link to the PDF:

Lesser Key of Solomon

The story of Solomon and the birth of this type of Magic is mostly legendary (not historical). It developed in the early Middle Ages and is a carry-over from earlier and developing magical beliefs from Babylonian, Hebrew, and Christian influences (about angels, demons, and the ability to control them).

There are tons of books on the Goetia. There is a book called Techniques of Solomonic Magic which has an has an easy outline of the Solomonic method, but most of these techniques are really complex and practiced mostly by ceremonial magicians, not your everyday witch.

I just made a video on the different types of witches that includes this distinction of High Magic vs Low Magic

3 Likes

This is really my thing! I’m identifying myself as a neopagan witch :grinning:

3 Likes

I have an extensive library and knowledge on this subject.

Crowley and Mathers both wrote on this and did some their own translations.

The book @Francisco posted is a great book about the magic use.

There is a ton of history that goes along with it.

Tomorrow I’ll post links to all the cheaper books you can buy. Be careful which ones you buy some of the real cheap ones are trash and not correct.

Anything dealing the lesser keys of Solomon is very interesting.

I spent 8 years studying this subject.

4 Likes

Sounds quite interesting. I’m going to check this out now! Thanks so much for your info…

3 Likes

OK so I’ll try my best to cram the most important things in this post.

There is a long history of the texts of Solomon. There were many grimoires that have been translated and many religions based around those texts.

Many occult groups used these texts.
The Secret Order of the Golden Dawn was a big one. Many famous occultist were members Mathers, Crowley, Waite. These guys were also responsible for the tarot cards most of us use today.

Crowley formed his own religion called Thelema which another very interesting topic.

So let me start by pointing out books to read up on this subject and I will create a new post later that goes deep into the history and lore. This also leads to demonology, high magic, and some rituals that are not for everyone (drug use). Most of the older cults from the late 1800’s and 1900’s used heroin and cocaine regularly. They also used hallucinogenics for astral projections.

Do not promote or approve of any of the drug use associated with these rituals but it is part of the history.

Here are some of the name of the grimoires you can search and find these on https://darkbooks.org/ this is also a great place to find pdfs on all topics about magic.

Clavicula Salomonis (The key of Solomon the King)
Grimorium Verum
The Grand Grimoire (Red Dragon)
Lemegeton

Here is a link to good books on Amazon about this topic

1. Three Magical Books of Solomon

this book was translated my Mathers and Crowley and has an almost complete collection of the old texts.

1. The Lesser Key of Solomon

Another book by Crowley and Mathers.

1. The Grand Grimoire

This is a very cheap cost book. It does have some translation issues but worth the 5 bucks.

1. Grimorium Verum

Same translation issues as above but well worth the 5 bucks.

1. The Greater Key of Solomon

Another low cost translation

I will post other books that will be mentioned or that are related to the subject in some way in a new thread. Give me some time to write everything cause I want to be complete.

If you do get interested check out Demonology of King James I and the history behind his translation of the bible and his use of witchcraft and demons to write what he wanted the public to know and not omit what he didn’t want them to know.

Any Liber by Crowley. the book of Lies, The book of the Law, The magic of Thelma.

The Pseudomonarchia Daemonum

The Kybalion: Hermetic Philosophy

All of these are related in some fashion.

Hope this gives you a starting point and in a few days I will copy a lot from dissertations and essays I have written on the years on this topic.

6 Likes

That’s super interesting, Daniel! Thanks for sharing.

I didn’t know about the drug use but I guess it makes sense since many writers and artists around that time frequently used cocaine and other drugs (e.g. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sigmund Freud, Charles Dickens)…

3 Likes

@Francisco

Read Diary of a Drug Fiend by Crowley. He goes into detail about all the drug use with his time in the Golden Dawn, and he was on drugs when we was given the book of the law.

4 Likes

That’s so interesting Daniel, I started to study the book mentioned by @Francisco and I’m learning about the meaning of each Seal. You told about the tarot as well, but there are also daemons like Bathin for example, with the knowledge of the virtues of herbs and precious stones. I read tarot for myself and my family, but I’m also an experimental spellcaster and I need their advice to work better on my spells recipe certainly “Google spells” doesn’t work lol

I’ll take a look on your references because a couple of years ago I read The Kybalion: Hermetic Philosophy and also I used to go in Ayahuasca ritual in Brazil. At that time I didn’t have all this knowledge and all vision quests was always messed up. It was just a beginning of my spiritual journey!

3 Likes

@laura6 There are some good books about demons as well. I’ll take a picture of my library and give you some good ones to read.

@Francisco I also wanted to add that I don’t believe in the use of drugs in magik. It was widely used and still is today.

3 Likes

The use of drugs in Magick is very risky if you don’t know what you are doing. The ayahuasca ritual in Brazil is legal and is a common shamism practice. I’m not going on rituals anymore because I don’t want to. I prefer to study and research about Magick.

3 Likes

@laura6

Michael W. Ford has a lot of books of high magik.

4 Likes

I find that books on these topics are usually very hard to understand and inaccessible for beginners. However, Michael W. Ford also has a Youtube channel with lots of useful content.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice :grinning: I’ll check it out Michael W. Ford Youtube channel! I’ll download Aleister Crowley Tarot books. These ones are very interesting!

2 Likes

I have several books on it in my shop. Its high magick and deep… very interesting.

1 Like