Greetings from Alaska

Merry Meet! I’ve been lurking on the site without creating an account for quite a while and I’ve finally decided to join the community and introduce myself!

My name is Abrianna, but I go by Mari and I’m from the west coast and currently live in the beautiful state of Alaska! I’m currently finishing college, and earning a bachelor’s in Marine Biology, and my connection to the natural world in science has driven my Craft.

I recently started my Craft after researching for around a year to find what was right for me, and meditating on what felt correct. I’ve always felt connected to the spiritual world for as long as I can remember, and have had a deep connection with the ocean, the Moon, and animal life since I could toddle around. My mother has guided me since I was a child, opening my mind to the practices and possibilities that are out there and what practices are in our family. I’ve grown with a deep attachment and thankfulness to the Earth and the life she creates and the energy the Moon has brought to us. My ancestors were Native American medicine people. Now, I want to carry on our traditions of natural medicine, and continuing a lasting spiritual connection to animal and plant guides, and staying connected to the ocean that I feel so comfortable in.

I’m happy to meet you all! I ramble quite a bit so forgive me! Blessed be~

14 Likes

Welcome @mariunderthesea! It’s lovely to meet you. :black_heart:

I’m Katerina, and I currently reside in Australia. :smile:

I used to dream about becoming a marine biologist when I was a little kid. But I ended up becoming a software engineer instead. :woman_technologist:

I look forward to learning and rambling alongside you. :grin:

9 Likes

My dad is a software engineer and I love to tease him about his science, although he was one of my many inspirations to become a marine biologist since we’ve always had his tens of fish tanks in the house since I was born, and he used to be a scuba diver (and now I’m one!). You guys have an awesome job too!

10 Likes

Hello and welcome I’m Tracy. I’m a chaos witch and Lokean. Welcome to this beautiful coven :green_heart:

8 Likes

Merry meet!

I’m Kat and am currently located in North Carolina. I found the practice over 20 years ago but lost my way for a while. I found my way home a couple of years ago and shortly thereafter found this amazing group of people!! I am a fairly eclectic Green witch with a deep interest in tarot, runes, herbalism, and moon magic. My deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning) and Hekate, a recent guide in my life.

Ooo Marine Biology! I thought about that when I was looking at majors eons ago but ended up going with Wildlife Biology at the University of Montana. :deer: :bear:

We’re glad to have you here. :purple_heart: Make yourself comfortable, explore, and feel free to ask questions!

:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :hekate_wheel: :crescent_moon:

9 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @mariunderthesea

My name is Marsha, and I am an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I’m so glad you decided to join us, Abrianna, and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better! Welcome to the family! :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

9 Likes

Hi, @mariunderthesea! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I was born in Anchorage, Alaska. We moved before I formed any memories but Mom and Dad had the required picture of a moose in your backyard. LOL! We’re glad to have you here! I look forward to getting to know you!

10 Likes

Hi :wave: @mariunderthesea I’m Susurrus a moderator here at Spells8. I love :heart: the ocean :ocean: too! I lived in a landlocked state for a short time but legitimately couldn’t handle it & felt so not myself & out of sync. I had to move back to the ocean. I used to be so curious & thought about going to school for marine biology. I have always loved the water & it was more than difficult to get me out of it once I was in it :laughing: My parents hated it.

I’m so happy that you decided to join us! There is so much to learn & information on many topics. Feel free to search the forum, ask questions, or share something with us! :hugs: I look forward to learning more with you! :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

Hello @mariunderthesea,

Don’t mind if I jump on the welcome wagon too- I’m Bry, one of the moderators here in the forum, wishing you a very warm welcome! :heart:

I think following the path of your ancestors to study natural medicine and explore your spirituality is a beautiful journey. May your magickal practice bring you much joy and many blessings!

Please make yourself at home here- looking forward to talking with you more soon! Blessed be :sparkles:

9 Likes

welcome to the family of witches! I’m glad that we are becoming many! My name is Airram and I’m from Greece. I love nature, hiking and the mountains.we deal with angelic magic and now I started the angelic Tarot and of course I learn about Hekati and Lilith…I am a student who is constantly learning from my sisters in the forum, welcome!

9 Likes

@mariunderthesea Nice to meet you.i would love to be a marine biologist. I love the ocean, water, and animals. My name is Devenne I’m from Indiana and I’m into a bit of everything. Hope you enjoy it here as much as I :rose:

9 Likes

@mariunderthesea Welcome to the family :infinite_roots: So glad you decided to introduce yourself :blush::heart: This is a wonderful group of witches! We’re here for whatever you need help with! If have questions or need guidance we’re here for you! :blush::heart: I’m Beth from Pennsylvania. I’m still kinda new, but I very quickly found a home :house_with_garden: here and I hope you do too! :people_hugging::blush::heart:

11 Likes

Haha I have only lived landlocked twice and in those times we would travel to visit family in northern California and go to the ocean. I couldn’t live without it!

11 Likes

Thank you all for all the warm welcomes and the love!

11 Likes

Greetings from Chicago welcome to this big coven family

11 Likes

You’re most welcome here, @mariunderthesea! Make yourself at home :heart: :blush:

Blessed be!

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum @mariunderthesea :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I know I’m a bit late to the introduction party but I wanted to hop in here and formally welcome you to the forum. I look forward to hearing all about life in Alaska, your Marine Biology studies, and any connections you find with the craft (if you choose to share, of course!) Please feel free to make yourself at home!

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.