Ground Beef and Mushroom Skillet Recipe

Yay! I found a nice recipe that’s not chicken! LOL.

Ground Beef and Mushroom Skillet Recipe

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 people
Calories: 335kcal

Ingredients:

1 pound lean ground beef
1 clove garlic minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup onion chopped
1 10 1//2 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can of water
8-ounce package of fresh mushrooms
1 cup shredded mozzarella
Chopped fresh parsley

Directions:

In a large skillet add olive oil and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Set mushrooms aside.

In the skillet cook beef, onion, and garlic on medium heat until the beef is no longer pink. Drain.

Add soup, water, and mushrooms. Stir and cook until hot.

Top with Cheese. Cover and cook until cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley.

Notes:

Serve with pasta for a heartier dish.
Use Cheddar cheese for a different taste.

Nutrition:

Serving: 1serving | Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 807mg | Potassium: 707mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 189IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 4mg

5 Likes

I swear the colder it gets outside the more I crave hearty and warm dishes- and this definitely fits the bill! :grin: Even without the additional pasta I bet it makes for a very thick and saucy dish. Sounds very yummy- thanks for sharing @Amethyst! :raised_hands:

1 Like

You’re welcome love! I might try this one out myself if I ever get my helper. They can do some limited cooking and washing up for you. I’m kinda looking forward to trying it.

1 Like

My Mum used to make something like this when I was little. It could have been something she was inspired to make from what was on hand in the pantry… I forgot all about it until I read through these ingredients. Thanks for the 'blast from the past". I may have to rethink tonight’s menu! :slight_smile: I think she would sometimes substitute a can of drained Tuna instead of the beef. Mix it with cooked macaroni pasta - crumble potato chips on the top and bake it …
Blessings @Amethyst thanks for sharing. :heart: :two_hearts: :heart:

2 Likes

You’re welcome, love! I’m glad I could bring back happy memories to you! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you, I may substitute something for the mushrooms, I have never been able to eat them, but it sounds delightful!

2 Likes

Maybe try peas? Or broccoli and use cream of broccoli soup? That might be good.

2 Likes

Oh I love beef and broccoli! That’s an excellent idea too! Thank you again!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Glad you like the idea!

2 Likes