Happy Thanksgiving šŸ¦ƒ Celebrations, Gratitude, and Gratefulness

Thanksgiving Blessings to All!

Please use this post to give thanks and gratitude, share your celebrations, and be present with the coven if you so choose.

Many of us here in the United States are getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving. This is a time for us where we gather with family, friends, or those close to us to give thanks. However you choose to celebrate, if you celebrate at all, I offer my thanks to you and my gratitude for the part you all play in my life and in this coven. I appreciate each and every one of you. Everyone here has taught me something new, opened my eyes and heart in different ways, and played a role in my life.

Iā€™d like to offer you a small bit of the Allegiance to Gratitude, found in Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer. It is a gift from the Haudenosaunee people to the world.

Today we have gathered and when we look upon the faces around us we see that the cycles of life continue. We have been given the duty to live in balance and harmony with each other and all living things. So now let us bring our minds together as one as we give greetings and thanks to each other as People. Now our minds are one.

We are thankful to our Mother the Earth, for she gives us everything that we need for life. She supports our feet as we walk about upon her. It gives us joy that she still continues to care for us, just as she has from the beginning of time. To our Mother, we send thanksgiving, love, and respect. Now our minds are one.

The full text of the Allegiance to Gratitude is quite long and can be found in Braiding Sweetgrass or online by clicking here.

Note: Any posts about Thanksgiving made outside of this post will be merged and moved here to keep the forum nice and tidy.

For those looking to learn more about Thanksgiving, I have included some links below for you to read. Thanksgiving can be a contentious talking point among some people, so be sure to approach your reading material with a critical eye and be mindful of all involved in this celebration.

:fallen_leaf: History.com - A History of Thanksgiving

:fallen_leaf: National Geographic - How Thanksgiving has Evolved

:fallen_leaf: Wikipedia - Thanksgiving

:fallen_leaf: Smithsonian Magazine - Myth of Thanksgiving

:turkey: May your celebrations be joyful, your harvest bountiful, and your bellies full! :turkey:

10 Likes

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I have been practicing for a little over six months, and as my BOS approaches its first 100 pages, I realize that while I thank the deities I work with often, Iā€™m leaving lā€™m someone out.

You.

The KSAā€™s on my witchy resume have grown dramatically as a result of all of you. My growth has accelerated, and I am far more ā€œcompetentā€ as a witch because I have been allowed to be a part of this community. So I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the support and knoweldge that you have given to me. I am grateful for you, and hope that the Universe rewards your kindnesses handsomely.

Have a safe and joyous holiday!

12 Likes

@anon87969570 aww that was so sweet of you. You have grown so much just since I have been here. Itā€™s a pleasure to see. You bring a lot of love, humor and knowledge to this coven and I am proud to know you. Wishing you a safe and magical holiday. Oh and if you need more pages for your bos Iā€™m happy to share any I have.

8 Likes

Thank you @anon87969570, everyone here is really amazing at assisting each other learn & move along their paths more easily.

I absolutely feel the same way for you & everyone in the Infinite Roots Coven :infinite_roots:

Have a safe & happy holiday season! :hugs:

9 Likes

I know itā€™s a little early but just in case I forget. Wishing all of my wonderful magical friends and newly adoptive family in the US a very Happy Thanksgiving holiday, please everyone take care and stay safe if youā€™re travelling. Sending you all very big virtual hug from Australia :australia:
Hopefully one day when our borders re-open I can get to the states for the Holidays. It would be so nice to see some snow at this time of year instead of the blistering heat. Have a wonderful time everyone xxx

11 Likes

Joining in with Jessica to wish all friends and fellow coven members in the USA a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! :partying_face: :turkey:

Thereā€™s no Thanksgiving here in Poland, but it did snow for the first time yesterday! :snowflake: We ran outside to see itā€¦ just as it turned into rain :cloud_with_rain: :joy: Itā€™s not winter wonderland out there now, more like a sad and slushy November :sweat_smile:

Youā€™re not missing anything at all at the moment (at least not here), friend! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes

Hi! Happy Thanksgiving :turkey: to you in Aus at least in spirit. I am from New England & we just got down below 40 degrees (which means I go outside a lot less :joy:). We havenā€™t had any snow as of yet, but in my area, we donā€™t usually get the snow until right around or just after Christmas & the New Year. So youā€™re in the clear right now!

10 Likes

Being Thankful for what you have crosses borders. So thank you for being a good friend! Weā€™d love to have you for the holidays one year. The parade in New York is awesome on TV so I can guess how wonderful it would be to see it in person!

10 Likes

Happy family feast day. Iā€™m thankful to one and all of you.
Iā€™ll be eating at my sonā€™s he told me he was cooking.
He is a great cook! I love it when he spoils Mom (me).
FYI, Rich got a new insulin pump and so far so good. Keep your fingers
crossed.
Brightest blessing and loads of love and positivity to you all.
Garnet

11 Likes

Yes, thank you :pray: to all of you for having me, know that I am grateful :heart:

11 Likes

I know the feeling, I think. Sometimes, for me, it is easy to feel like some kind of weirdo. People sometimes think you are hyper dramatic, or have some strange belief about your ā€œpowersā€ as a way to have control in a world where most of us have very little. They think that my experience is just self delusion.

But here it is different. Here, youā€™re not even close to being weird. IRL, you wouldnā€™t know the truth of who and what I am by looking at me. Here, my ā€œweirdā€ is accepted as normal. That kind of acceptance and non-judgement enboldens me to explore my spirituality.

On the other hand, maybe I hijacked your comment to express my own feelings. But the really weird part to me, is that the community is as grateful to have us as a part of it as we are to be a part of it. Thatā€™s the bit that always throws me. IRC welcomes everyone and makes them feel at home, makes them feel valued. Iā€™m glad to be here.

@Valen do you like novels? Because I think I just wrote one!

10 Likes

Haha! Yep thatā€™s what I wanted to say too @anon87969570 but I didnā€™t want to be the novelist this time!

9 Likes

I know most folks in the USA wonā€™t be up yet, but itā€™s Thursday here in the EU so Iā€™m giving a shout out across the seas- wishing everyone celebrating a happy, delicious, and blessed Thanksgiving! :turkey::partying_face:

Art by Brightstone on DeviantArt: Thanksgiving Prayer

9 Likes

I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving too!!!

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving!! :turkey:

9 Likes

Today is the big :turkey: day for the United States. I hope that everyone who celebrates has a great day with whoever they spend the time with today. :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to those of us who celebrate it! Iā€™m so thankful for all of you being my friends. Being here has really filled up a space that was in my soul. Thank you, my friends! For being you!

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate! Turkey is in the oven and the pies are baked! Iā€™m so grateful to all of you wonderful people I have met here. Your knowledge and your gifts are true inspiration. I look forward to getting to know you all better and this craft!
Bless you all this day and everyday!

10 Likes

Dropping in to wish all of the American Infinite Roots members a Happy Thanksgiving! :maple_leaf: :turkey::maple_leaf: Iā€™m thankful to have such a caring, supportive coven that I can rely on every day.
Have a blessed day! :waning_gibbous_moon:

9 Likes

How wonderful it is to read everyoneā€™s messages :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Happy turkey day!! :turkey:

:rofl: :laughing:

by Liz Climo

10 Likes