Has anyone else learned about the Morrigan?

Oh good! I’m happy that it’s not just me. :blush:

I have bookmarked all the sites so I can look at them throughout the day, mainly when I have my witchy time… thank you so much @christina4

I hope they help others that are starting to learn about her too! It’s such an interesting Goddess with her triplicity & that 3 sisters can make up the Morrigan. I’m really enjoying learning about her.

4 Likes

Here’s a link dump for you :partying_face:

:raven: First Battle of Moytura → https://loraobrien.ie/first-battle-of-moytura-cath-muige-tuired-cunga/

:raven: Prayer to The Morrigan → https://loraobrien.ie/morrigan-prayer/

:raven: The Morrigan in Irish Mythology (this link has so many more sources in it to check out) → https://loraobrien.ie/morrigan-irish-mythology/

:raven: A quote from my Irish friend who works with Na Mórrígna → "Na Mórrígna is very much an Irish deity. They are not gentle or soft. They have an atmosphere unlike any other thing I have experienced and if you do not set up strong boundaries they will steamroll you. Irish gods are also heavily transactional. You pay for every little thing you get. "

Check out the sources in that last link, for sure. Lora O’Brien’s linked a lot of stuff and also has several more book recommendations :blush: I think Morgan Daimler or Courtney Weber just wrote a book about Na Mórrígna but I could be wrong.

4 Likes

Yes! Thank you :partying_face:

I have 2 books :books: on Morrigan & 1 is by
Morgan Daimler. (I still prefer paperback :joy:)

What I have read about Celtic & Irish Paganism & their God’s & Goddesses it seems that is not unheard of.

I don’t get a feeling like this whenever I learn about or work with Brigid. Hers is more warm & inviting. This feeling is more adamant to learn all I can about Morrigan right now. It’s a very strong take your time & learn. Kind of a 1 step at a time while making sure to pay attention & soak it all in… but start now :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for all of the resources about the Morrigan! She is very interesting to learn about :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I know several Slavic countries have a diety called Morana- a female deity of winter, dreams, and death. Villages in Poland burn or drown an effigy of Morana to banish the winter and welcome in spring every year :snowflake:

Morana shares a lot of similarities with the Morrigan and may be face of the Morrigan in Slavic traditions.

Video here for anyone interested in Her! :black_heart:

2 Likes

Oh, thank you! I am going to see what I can find out about her! I really appreciate it @BryWisteria!

2 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Susurrus! I’m glad if it was helpful- wishing you all the best in your studies of Her! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I am about halfway through a book about Her & I have gone through the links from @christina4. I have also gone down some rabbit holes too :joy: I’m still sorting out why I am being called to learn about her & possibly working with her. She is connected to Samhain, so maybe that will be the 1st time I put something out for her & ask for Her assistance.

Before that happens, I am setting up a small altar for Brigid in my space & asking her if I can work with the Morrigan for a bit while still honoring Her

The more I learn though, the more I feel some kind of connection with the Morrigan. It strengthens with each article or piece of information that I learn or is reinforced. It’s a good feeling! I do have crow feathers from the summer that were in my driveway. I also found a lovely bronze statue of the Morrigan on Etsy. So we’ll see what happens, I don’t want to rush into anything blindly at this point I guess.

3 Likes

I meant to add that I found out 1 of the ways to work with her is with Storm Water. I don’t know if anyone remembers, but my son found me some jars & bottles. I have been a little slacking during the days with getting them rinsed out & off my front porch. (Baby Steps :footprints:) Anyway, last night we had a storm :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: & it started filling the jars. My first thought when I saw them was to keep them for Morrigan. Then I remembered that I never cleaned the dirt out of them from when my son found them. So I have them still out there because we are supposed to get another storm starting sometime tonight. Then I will wash out the outsides of them & move the water into a container that I can seal or find a way to cap them. :blush:

3 Likes

I just finished Morgan’s book Meeting the Great Queen. I bought the 2nd book, Raven Goddess. I would definitely recommend reading it to anyone that is interested in her.

Since that’s 2 books in about 2 weeks, I’m going to try to go through the links until a new book club is posted. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Morrigan’s prayer saved me from nightmare dreams. @Princess_Tara

3 Likes

That’s awesome for you to have connected with Her. Was that the only time you had Her assistance?

2 Likes

I need her at every night. I always had disturbed sleeping, but from the day I started cast her spell, I found myself within her arms. When I wake up, I feel sad because her arms take my soul back to my England at every night.

2 Likes

wow… sounds like I need to read about her. I’ve been seeing crows for months in random places. I mentioned to my son I didn’t know why, but I knew and felt I was protected. I learned crows are protective , it doesn’t always mean death.

2 Likes

Lmao Truth!! Pinterest used to be so awesome. Now its messy, like a Walmart after Black Fridays in the 90s.

3 Likes

The 90s? Girl, you should see it now… they started Black Friday deals the week of Black Friday. My son just said, Mom… let me know what you need, don’t come here this week. :rofl:

3 Likes

What! I’m coming out there next November. My husband and I always look forward to Black Friday. It’s kind of our thing a little bit of a date if you will. Since 2020 it has not been the same. Very dull and orderly. BORING. :joy_cat:

2 Likes

My son worked a 7 day week. New Black Friday teasers out on the floor for sale starting that Sunday or Monday, treasure trove on Black Friday that continued through that weekend. Since we are the only Walmart on the Cape, it was a winner takes all kind of situation or maybe a Tough Mudder mudrun?

2 Likes

Oh my gosh that’s funny! Well guess I’ll see you in a few months. I wouldn’t mind if a chocolate cake was also coming with us :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Kidding obviously … or am I? :innocent:

2 Likes

Like a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting? Maybe? (Kidding… am I? :thinking:)

2 Likes