My son DOES pay attention

My son came through the door & said, “MA I found you some cool stuff today when we were excavating a site. Wait till you see these!”

He was so excited to get them out of the bag he had them in, I got most of the dirt off to rinse them. They are from the 90s & a couple may be even earlier. I’ll use them!

13 Likes

@Susurrus that was so thoughtful of your son. What a sweet kid

7 Likes

What a find! Very cool!

6 Likes

Wow! They’re so neat! That’s sweet of your son!!! :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

So nice and love antique looking items… Saved you some $$$ and your son is so sweet for thinking of you…

6 Likes

Oh finding old glass jars was my favorite thing as a kid! Such a great find!

5 Likes

They were excavating a backyard for a pool to be put in & that’s how he found them. I still have to clean them off. 2 of them got knocked off of my porch railing, but we have moved the others & they will be brought inside today.

5 Likes

Wow! Score!!! Yay to your son!!

6 Likes

He’s a good man… as much as I want him to be small again, he’s a good man. I love when he gets so excited he can barely get the words out & his voice changes.

7 Likes

That’s awesome, @Susurrus! You have a very thoughtful son :blush: And some wonderful new treasures too! :sparkles:

They’d be lovely for your Craft, and just a heads up that sometimes old bottles can be worth some serious money :astonished: . I learned there’s actually a hobby about foraging for old bottles and containers, cleaning them up, and selling them. Here’s an article about it: Find and Sell Antique Bottles.

No matter what you choose to do with your new treasures, they are lovely- enjoy! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Oh, I will have to look at that link. Unfortunately, we had some wind after I put them on my porch. The flag blew weirdly & knocked over 2 of the bottles. We have it cleaned up but I had to move the other ones.

I feel like the smaller ones may have been some kind of baby food jars. One of the ones that broke was an old Heinz Ketchup bottle. The brown & green ones I have yet to figure out though.

3 Likes

I suppose the ones that are left are the strongest of the bunch- real survivors of those strong Atlantic winds! :ocean: :wind_face: :grin: I’m sure whatever you turn them into will be lovely. Happy crafting! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes