Healing Spell

Good Morning My Beautiful Fellow Witches :fairy:

Just a gentle warning that this post might be triggering.

I hope everyone is doing well today. I just had a question about healing spells in regard to extensive past trauma. I had years of SA done by various family members and even though I’m safe now from it, I’m still struggling with nightmares sometimes as well as PTSD, anxiety, and depression. I am seeing a therapist and I am on the right psych meds. I am in recovery from alcoholism and other addictions. Can anyone suggest some good healing spells that could help me in my journey? I am aware that extensive trauma can’t magically heal overnight but I would love any suggestions.

Thank you in advance and I hope everyone has a lovely day.

:revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

I don’t have a spell, but I have an inner child healing meditation I use myself for childhood trauma. You’ll likely want to tweak it to suit your situation, but here it is:

You will need

• Find a safe and cozy space where you can be at ease.
  • Have an emergency action plan ready in case you start feeling overwhelmed, ensuring your well-being throughout the process.
  • Settle into a comfortable sitting or lying position that suits you best.
  • If desired, keep a blanket, pillow, or even a cherished teddy bear nearby for added comfort and reassurance.
  • Approach this experience with an open mind and an open heart, allowing yourself to fully engage in the process.

Instructions

1. Begin by finding a comfortable position, either sitting up or lying down.
  2. Gently close your eyes to create a sense of inner focus and relaxation.
  3. Now, take a moment to connect with your inner child. Imagine yourself as a child at the age you feel needs the most healing. Picture where your younger self is right now, what they are doing, what they are wearing, and how they are feeling.
  4. Allow any emotions that arise from seeing your younger self to surface without judgment. Let them flow in and out like waves, acknowledging them as they come. For example, say to yourself, “Sadness. Sadness. This is sadness. Now this is anger. Now hopelessness.” Avoid dwelling too long on any one emotion to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
  5. Pay attention to where in your body you feel these emotions. State them out loud or silently in your mind. For example, “Tightness in my chest. Tears in my eyes. Burning in my throat. Pain in my stomach.”
  6. If emotions become overwhelming, take a step back and practice deep breathing. Inhale for a count of 4, hold for 4, exhale for 4, and hold for 4. Repeat as needed to regain composure.
  7. Once you feel grounded and ready, return your focus to your inner child.
  8. If you see your inner child in an unsafe situation, step in as your current adult self and gently guide them to a safer, neutral place. Introduce yourself and reassure them that you are here to help.
  9. Encourage your inner child to share their feelings and experiences. Listen attentively, validating their emotions with empathetic responses like, “I’m so sorry that happened to you” or “I understand why you would feel sad.”
  10. If appropriate, offer a hug to your inner child, expressing admiration for their bravery. If they decline, respect their choice and inquire if there’s another way you can provide support.
  11. Spend time with your inner child, providing the love and attention they deserved as a child. Smile at them, offer affirmations of their worthiness, and assure them of your unwavering presence.
  12. Take a moment to reflect on your inner child’s innocence, resilience, and the protective barriers they erected to shield themselves from harm. Appreciate their intelligence and bravery.
  13. Ask your inner child about words they’d like to remove from their vocabulary, words that were hurtful or associated with that challenging time. Visualize letting go of these words through methods like sending them away in a balloon or a river.
  14. Replace those negative words with positive ones such as happiness, loveable, smart, and confident. Visualize these empowering words as a glowing orb of light, then internalize them by pressing the orb into your belly and allowing it to radiate throughout your body.
  15. When it’s time to say goodbye to your inner child, take them to a forever safe place of their choice, and give them a parting gift. This gift can be real or imaginary, representing comfort, guidance, or protection.
  16. Return to a neutral mental space and create a connection point to your inner child within your body. Touch this part of your body whenever you need to reconnect with your inner child and provide the comfort they need.
  17. Commit to being your own parent to your inner child, offering them the love, care, and support they require whenever old childhood hurts resurface.
  18. Take a few deep breaths, open your eyes, and return to the present moment.
  19. Reflect on your experience and journal your thoughts and feelings.

This process helps you connect with your inner child, provide them with the love and support they deserve, and release negative emotions and words from the past, replacing them with positivity and healing.

Affirmation

What I experienced during my upbringing was not my fault. I want to affirm that I am deserving of love, acceptance, and having my needs met. I am not alone in this journey. My adult self is here to protect and care for my inner child because I am inherently worth safeguarding. I embrace my inherent goodness and wholesomeness as I am, without the need to be someone else. Today, I am free from the pressure to conform to others’ expectations, choosing instead to surround myself with those who genuinely accept and appreciate me for who I am. Most importantly, I accept myself. I am committed to practicing self-love because I recognize my worthiness.

As I progress on my path to healing, I am gradually becoming the person I was meant to be. I am confident in my ability to succeed in this journey of self-discovery and self-acceptance.

Ongoing

White candles are highly recommended for use in this meditation, given their association with healing. These candles can serve as a symbol of release, allowing your inner child to let go of past suffering and find refuge in a safer, more joyful inner space within you.

Crystals: Rose quartz is known for bringing love and inner peace. Clear quartz can help align your current adult self with your highest potential.

Herbs: Consider using rose, lavender, and lemon, which can infuse a sense of calmness and tranquility.

Try a cleansing bath ritual that includes crystals, herbs, Epsom salt, and candles. This holistic approach can provide a sense of relief and lightness.

11 Likes

This is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing! I will do this over the weekend. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

My heart goes out to you, Vanessa- our paths are a bit different, but I also have anxiety that does a real number on my sleep quality (while my partner deals with depression), so I know how exhausting it can be :heart: :people_hugging:

My personal experience is only with anxiety and sleep/dream work, so I can only offer what works for me in those areas. Most of what I use is pretty simple- when I’m exhausted, anxious, and not sleeping well I’m usually not in the right mindset for elaborate spells :sweat_smile:

The thing that works best for me is having a little sleep pouch next to my pillow full of dried lavender- it’s so simple, but it really helps me fall and stay asleep. If I need something else, a warm cup of chamomile (also helps with digestive issues) or lemon balm tea (the herb that “gladdens the heart”) can ease both mind and body and help fall asleep.

On the flip side, I would also suggest avoiding any products with mugwort, valerian, and other herbs associated with intense dreams- they definitely have their uses, but are not helpful when you’re experiencing nightmares and just want your mind to “shut up” for a while.

Just a few thoughts offered up for consideration. I hope that you can find some healing spells and practices that help you, Vanessa- I’m wishing you all the best! :heart:

6 Likes

@starborn This is a beautiful meditation. Thank you for sharing it.

@Vanessa You might try writing some of the affirmations from this meditation around the border of a mirror you use regularly so that you see them every time you look into it.

7 Likes

I don’t have a spell that I’ve used for healing from entire situations, but I have used a simple candle spell to help me ease different emotions or a general sense of overwhelm. This method really helps me before and after therapy sessions, and especially when I’m trying to cope on my own.

→ Simple Candle Emotional Release 🕯

This is a really great meditation, @starborn :heart: I’m gonna hold on to this. My therapist wants to start working on my inner child next session. To say I’m nervous and apprehensive would be an understatement. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Oh! I hope it goes well. :black_heart:

Don’t forget that you don’t have to push yourself too hard. If you’re not ready, that’s okay. :people_hugging:

5 Likes

Thank you :heart: I appreciate that!

4 Likes

Thank you for the wonderful advice. This past week was especially hard with my seasonal depression but I went to a sound bath meditation last night and I’m finally starting to feel more grounded. I definitely need to take better care of myself, which can be hard with full time work and my AA meetings and housework. But it’s so worth it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes