šŸ™Œ Healing with Hands: Energy Work Technique

When I was a kid, my mother had a book called ā€œManos que Curanā€ (Healing Hands). I think this is the English version: Hands of Light by Barbara Brennan.

My mom would use a form of energy healing that looks a lot like Reiki, the main thing being laying her hands to heal pain or ease anxiety.

This is a simple technique which can be very powerful, of course depending on whoā€™s doing it. Iā€™ve written a post on the fundamentals of Energy Work. The basic method is to visualize and feel the heat traveling through your hands and into the person you are healing.

Above all, itā€™s important to create a sacred moment that both the recipient and the practitioner will take seriously. It can be done on others on on yourself.

Healing Hands Basic Method :raised_hands:

1. Place your hands a few inches from the body, near the affected area. It is not necessary to touch the other person, especially if that will cause them pain. Keeping a distance between your hands and the area to be treated also helps you to notice the changes in temperature that are happening.

2. Direct all attention to the affected area. Empty your mind, relax and kindly ask for the presence of the divinity to manifest the energy necessary to heal the body or area of the body.

3. Feel the activation of this healing energy. Visualize it coming from your center, it could be a white or colored light. It will travel through your arms, towards the palm of your hands.

4. Focus on the absolute intention of healing the area. As the energy flows, see how the energy cleanses or pushes out any toxic or negative energies.

5. Visualize the outcome: The person is already healed as you hold your hands on the area for approximately 2-3 minutes.

Extra Tips

• You can use a prayer that matches your belief system such as an invocation or a gratitude prayer. This is not necessary though.

• In the beginning, you may feel tired after this types of exercise, this is completely normal. Sometimes when doing energy work, we tend to expect too much and this can create stress. If you feel light-headed or have a headache, make sure to stay hydrated and rest well.

• Keep gemstones (Earth), moon water (Water), burn a candle (Fire), or light some incense (Air) during the practice to draw energy from the elements instead.

Remember that the basis of energy work is intention. Your intention is incredibly powerful and perhaps more important than any specific technique you use.

So before attempting any healing work, establish a strong intention to heal and supplement it with the power of your hands and tools. These are your foundations for energy healing. :dizzy:

Note: If you are facing a serious medical condition, or the symptoms last for over a week, you should promptly consult a physician or other healthcare provider.

10 Likes

Awesome this will go in my book tooā€¦ I remember in the late 80ā€™s a woman who said she could heal with her hands, people thought she was nutsā€¦ ha ha ha not so much anymore.

5 Likes

:laughing: I like that! ā€œThe times they are a-changinā€™ā€!

4 Likes

Barbara Brennan Energetic Defense

Hello @Francisco
I love Barbara Brennan, I met her at a conference in Denver. I highly recommend her book Hands of Light, thank you so much for sharing. Iā€™ve also read Light Emerging :star2: and I recently bought Core Light Healing. I just came across this post and was excited to find it. These are great books for anyone interested in hands-on and/or distant healing.
I am first and foremost an Energy Healer, itā€™s who I am.
With Love, Light, and Magick :magic_wand: :dizzy:

4 Likes

Well, if my crystal healing courses havenā€™t opened a whole new world with chakras & combined with my empathic energy & needing to find ways to work with the energy & using myself to work onā€¦ this is very helpful.

@Marsha I am so excited for the book recommendations. Without getting too much into it, I have recently found a connection between my empathic abilities whether pro/con, itā€™s effect on my energy, sensing other energy & separating it from my own, grounding, working with the energy & releasing the energy while grounding myself. Which also kind of has sparked a whole other level of understanding Celtic paganism, but that is a story for another. day. Now that I am done with the extended version, in short, Thank you so much for the book recommendations :two_hearts:

@Francisco thank you for this post & I canā€™t wait to see the post that is linked to this one. I have found that after I work on energy within me, I can do it for so long, but I get exhausted. I also get exhausted if I release the energy in a very cleansing or completeā€¦ Iā€™m not sure how to explain it, but I get like total exhaustion like jelly from the tension being gone until I get a cold drink & take a nap. So I try to practice in the morning so if I do need to nap I am awake before my daughter gets home.

I had no idea this post existed & Iā€™m so glad that I found it as I learn more about healing & different energies & working with them & my intuition with empathic abilities. Definitely perfect timing for me! :heartpulse:

• (It makes me appreciate the day I realized I need to focus on 1 aspect of my craft at a time & add things as I learn about them :joy:)
2 Likes

Hi itā€™s me again, I finished my Chakra Self Healing for Beginnerā€™s book & in the list of resources, some of the books that were recommended, were used in part for this book on techniques to heal the chakras by yourself before having any sessions done, which also turns into good practice for me on myself!

My thinking was that anyone looking to work with energy, chakras, & healing would be able to have some other available resources including whatā€™s in these posts, the book clubs, & throughout the forum I know we have other people that have taken healing courses. @christina4 & @janis & @missa I believe went to the same school that I am going to for crystal healing & advanced practitioner.

By the way, I canā€™t remember the post I saw it on so I will say it here, Congratulations C4 :tada: on taking the business courses for healing & reaching your Reiki II! Iā€™m just starting to touch on Reiki healing through my energy resources, I havenā€™t gotten there yet. Itā€™s one of those things (like working with Eclipse energy, that I havenā€™t totally decided is something that should be part of my practice) any insights, experiences, or information about it would be greatly appreciated. Before now I had heard the term, but I wasnā€™t sure exactly what Reiki is except that it is a form of energy healing :grin:

2 Likes

@Susurrus

When I work with healing energy, I clear my space and only work within a sacred space, making sure I am centered and grounded. Next, I channel energy from a ā€˜Divineā€™ energy source bringing it in through my crown chakra and down into the earth. If you use your own energy you will be exhausted.

Also when deep healing occurs, (while working on yourself or when you receive healing from a healer) you can also be exhausted. When I was learning, I was receiving healing from and also working on other students, I often felt lots of aches and pains afterward. This is because during healing your body is releasing blocks, and negative energy! Your body needs to recover but this also means itā€™s working.

Learning Reiki was interesting, I was taught how to use symbols to focus and amplify the energy. I also learned how to do distant healing, and channel energy to heal the earth.

The last step in giving healing energy is to disconnect from the person. Itā€™s important to not take on any of the personā€™s symptoms. So always clear your aura and space when finished.

One more thing you can do is just let the ā€œDivineā€ (Light, Grace, Moon, Sun, Goddess, Energy, etc.) flow into you through your Crown Chakra and fill every cell of your body with ā€œLightā€ see it healing and cleansing as it moves through you. Just let it happenā€¦
If you decide to try this let me know if it gives you a little more energy.

Much Love! :heart:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t tried anything on anyone else. I have worked with moving my own energy through me & releasing energy. I have also been doing work with my root chakra because of the things Iā€™ve gone through & have been dealing with over the last few years, I figure start at the root & work my way up. So last week & this week is the root chakra.

I will have to see if cleansing my space & only working there or outside where i will cleanse my space then work on the energy regardless of when i last did a cleanse.

I will try the exercises & let you k ow how it goes. As of right now, any time i do anything with my energy, moving it, releasing, or working on my own healing & balancing, i need to rest for a out an hour by laying down.

Thank you so much! Iā€™m very much in the beginning & right now energy with crystals & chakras for healing & balance along with my intuition. They all tie into one another, but I have been doing 1 section at a time so I understand what Iā€™m doing & how it works with the next part I work on. :hugs: :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Yes, they do all work together. Iā€™ve found the crystals clear energy blocks much quicker than just healing.

3 Likes

Really? I was drawn to crystals a long, long time ago in a faraway landā€¦ :rofl: I actually recently (within the last couple of years) found out what I have been experiencing all of my life is amplified energies due to being an empath in the most empathic way :joy:

The very first thing I worked on was 1stā€¦ cleansing myself with a Selenite wand & 2nd keeping my energy, mine & learning to set boundaries literally & energetically. Having everyoneā€™s energy swirling around with my own was causing serious anxiety, panic, all of it. So 3rd was anxiety/focus/meditation becauseā€¦ intertwined, canā€™t be something simple, everything has to be tangled up with other somethings. :grin:

One day I will go into my adventure since joining Spells8, where I was then & where I am now are 2 very different places. I am definitely closer to the best version of myself & overall I feel a lot better than in July of 2020. :hugs: I have accomplished a lot of things & learned so much about myself & my authentic selfā€¦ story for another day though, I do enough rambling :rofl:

3 Likes