Hekate Trifecta

Maybe others know already, but I have just noticed that we have an interesting couple weeks coming here. Today is November 16, Hekate’s Night.

Seven days from now on the 23rd is the New Moon, often a time when She is celebrated.

Seven days later is November 30, which is often celebrated as Hekate of the Crossroads.

These are all Wednesdays, which are difficult for me, but I will try to do something each night even if it is something small.

19 Likes

Can you get up really early? Like before five am? That might help you do something. It’s still Wednesday night that early, even if you’re getting up on Thursday.

Did that make sense? You know what I mean. LOL!

8 Likes

Well, Hekate’s Night and many rituals devoted to her begin after sunset, so even though I don’t get home until 11pm on Wednesdays, I can still do some ritual as long as it doesn’t require too much energy. The issue is usually that I am tired at that time. I probably would be at 5am, too, but I appreciate the reminder to try to think differently. I might do something like that on one of the days/nights.

And of course you make sense, because I do know what you mean. :blush:

8 Likes

@anon87969570 u dont have to do anything elaborate. She will still hear you

7 Likes

@anon87969570 u can just say Thank you, no ritual required.

6 Likes

I know, but I want to do more than I am able sometimes. That’s why I prefer when these fall on my days off. I just feel like I am able to do more without feeling rushed.

9 Likes

@anon87969570 worship her in your own time. U dont have to worship her like everyone else. If your heart and desires are pure she will come.

I rarely do rituals, and she is always there. So is Thor and The Morrigan.

8 Likes

16-23-30 with 7’s in between- sounds like a formula for a lucky lottery combo, if you ask me! :laughing: :+1:

You’re right @anon87969570, it is really interesting! :star_struck: The 16th and 30th will always fall where they do, but this year is unique with how the New Moon falls precisely in between the two dates :new_moon_with_face:

It certainly opens up some exciting potential for those working with Hekate this month- wishing you all the best with your ritual work! :raised_hands: :black_heart: :sparkles:

10 Likes

@BryWisteria and @anon87969570 technically Hekate has 3 dates. Aug 13, November 16, and Nov 30.

6 Likes

Ohhh August 13 too? Wow- I hadn’t heard of that one before! It looks like there are many special occasions to celebrate Hekate! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Out of curiosity, I did a search to see if there were any other dates, and found articles researching the history of the Hekate Days in November as well as August 13th (two separate articles)- it’s a bit much to read through atm, I feel like I accidentally opened Pandora’s Box :sweat_smile: They do look interesting though- I’m leaving the links here in case anyone else wants to check them out!

But now I’m rambling lol- thanks for bringing up the new date, I’m adding it to my calendar! :sparkles::blush:

7 Likes

@BryWisteria

“Hecate was worshiped by both the Greeks and the Romans who had their own festivals dedicated to her. According to Ruickbie, the Greeks observed two days sacred to Hecate, one on the 13th of August and one on the 30th of November, whilst the Romans observed the 29th of every month as her sacred day.[39] Further, the household observances (described above) always took place on the “thirtieth day [of the month], which was sacred to the dead.”[[40]]”

Source:
(Hecate - New World Encyclopedia)

November 16, put all of those dates together, as there are many dieties worshipped in Athens. And large festivals are held in their honor.

6 Likes

Abronoe, Gracious One
Apotropaios, Averter of danger
Cthonia, One of the Earth
Enodia, One of the Crossroads
Kleidouchos, Keeper of the Keys
Kourotrophos, Protector of children and youths
Krokopelos, Saffron cloaked
Melinoe, Comforter
Nykteria, One of the Night
Phosphorous, Light-Bringer
Propolos, The Guide
Propulaia, One who stands before the Gate
Soteria, Savior
Triodia, One who is of the three roads
Trimorphe, One who has three forms

7 Likes

I’m glad you understood because I almost confused myself! LOL!

5 Likes

I ended up taking an offerring to the crossroads early this morning, before the sun rose over the mountain. It was a small tortilla (as a plate), with three mushroom caps arranged as the vertexes of a triangle, with moondrop grapes standing on end in between each two mushrooms, topped with a goldenberry and drizzled with honey. I should have taken a picture. But She saw it, and you’ll just have to take my word for it! :blush:

6 Likes

@anon87969570 thats awesome

5 Likes

Thank you! I think She will find it pleasing.

6 Likes

That sounds like a lovely offering!

6 Likes

Okay, dopey question, but is a crossroads an intersection of four or three? I live on the end of a T crossroad…so kind of a three intersection.

6 Likes

@kathleen9 a crossroads is a two intersecting planes or locations.

7 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes